Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I have reached peak Kahr-ness

Default I think I have reached peak Kahr-ness

I own a P9, K9, MK9, T9, CM9, CW380, and a CW45. I don't own a Kahr in .40 S&W, but I don't even shoot the .40 pistol I have now.

I don't think I will buy any Kahrs in the future. I have all the bases covered. The ONLY things that Kahr could do to tempt me in the future would be a doublestack(of course) 9mm carry pistol ala SIG P365, or a longslide target pistol. If Kahr made something in 9mm or .45 with a 6 inch barrel and target sights, I'd be all over it. And, of course, if Kahr ever decided to make a steel framed .45---but that's a whole lot of R&D and money for an expensive pistol that wouldn't sell very well.

However, if I was to luck into a deal on an MK40, I'd be hard pressed to say no. It could replace the HK USP 40 Compact I never shoot.

So says Mr. Willpower....

You'll come across a deal on a Kahr model you don't have, and ....BOOM. Follows you home.

Been there, done that. Up to #8 now.

You know, it NEVER ends....

You need a PM45. Check grab a gun...
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I was once up to five Kahrs!

Continue to hope and pray for a Kahr M45 Elite.
    45 ACP Elite in a commander format would be a game changer
    I wait and watch...

If Justin ever comes up with a slim 10+1 CW9 to compete with the Sig P365, you all know you will buy one.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Probably not me.

I already have a P365. I do like it, but it hasn't become my #1 EDC gun of choice. My CM9 owns that spot, and I see nothing replacing it.

I already have a PM9, and an MK9 - but they fall into different situation capacities for me. Well, the PM9 fills the same niche, but I wanted a cheaper alternative with night sights. Enter the CM9.

Having 11 rounds on tap makes the P365 just a hair more uncomfortable to carry, especially pocket carry. It's like the difference between pocket carrying the CM9 and MK9.

All about comfort and ease of concealment.

For decades, I never felt under-gunned with just a 5 shot snubby 38 revolver. As a civilian, you have the option of fleeing/escaping a deadly situation. LEO's have a duty to stay in the fight protecting civilians.They benefit from having a weapon with high capacity, and several reloads available.

Everyone has to make their own decision as to how much firepower they're willing to make the comfort/capacity sacrifice for.

How much firepower is enough? Life is too short to be paranoid all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    If Justin ever comes up with a slim 10+1 CW9 to compete with the Sig P365, you all know you will buy one.
    I’ll settle for Magguts making my P9 8+1.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Yes, that's what it would take----but it would have to be a slim CM9, not a CW9.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Continue to hope and pray for a Kahr M45 Elite.
    45 ACP Elite in a commander format would be a game changer
    I wait and watch...
    +1. me too or a K45
    NRA Benefactor