Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I have reached peak Kahr-ness

I'm still waiting for Mag Guts too. 8+1 in a CW9 would be very impressive, without getting heavy. I keep thinking it's the same capacity as a 1911, just a different but equally effective caliber (sorry to the .45 fanatics, I used to be one of you )

I keep hoping for a t45, I love my ct45 but I would like an all steel one

Quote Originally Posted by rwallis769 View Post
    I keep hoping for a t45, I love my ct45 but I would like an all steel one
    T45 would definitely find a home with me. That would put it about Colt Commander sized, which is a good size and weight for a .45.

But my suspicion is we never see another new Kahr again. They've discontinued the .40 because they didn't sell enough of them to justify continued production, and that's a handgun for which they've already paid off the tooling.

It looks to me like they're going to occasionally put out different appearance packages for Kahr pistols(like the Thin Blue Line, Tig series, and the 25th Anniversary K9), continue production of the steel pistols like they do now(batches every now and then), and thin out production of the others to big sellers.

I bet they sell more CM9s than any other pistol, with the CW380 and CW9 close behind. The .45 pistols are likely far behind those, in the "Value Series".

The P series pistols likely don't sell very many units at all. Like a lot of you, I own polymer pistols from both lines, and there's not enough difference to justify the extra cost, to me. I actually kind of like the looks of the C series pistols. The slab sided appearance looks really nice when it's polished.

I think Kahr Firearms Group is going to spend more time on Auto Ordinance 1911s, Thompsons, and the Desert Eagle in the future.

It's a soft gun market right now. R&D gets cut back 1st, hence new products get reduced.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

I’ve been hoping for years that Kahr would release a 15 round double stack 9mm to challenge the Glock 19. I finally just gave up and bought a CZ P-07.