Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wood Grips for K9

Default Wood Grips for K9

I was on the Kahr Arms web site last night, and saw that the wood grips for the K9 (made by Hogue) are available for preorder. So, I ordered a set. I got pretty excited when a few minutes later I received an order confirmation. Alas, this morning I received another e-mail:

"An order you recently placed on our website has had its status changed. The status of order #12345 is now Back Order"

Has anyone here had this happen to him/her? How long was your wait subsequently?

TIA

rx7sig

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/gr...d-e9-k143p.asp

I've ordered wood grips for my K9 and my MK9. Both times around Christmas, and both times they were in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I've ordered wood grips for my K9 and my MK9. Both times around Christmas, and both times they were in stock.
    Thanks, MMyers1970. (I hope I don't have to wait that long!) Were you satisfied with the K9 grips you received?

I ordered wood grips for my K9 a few years ago. They were in stock, but I can't remember how long I had to wait. The wood grips are thicker than the rubber grips that came stock (although I have an old K9 so I don't know if they changed anything since then). I like them but I don't mind fat grips. I think the wood grip screws might be longer than the stock to accommodate for the extra width.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7sig View Post
    Thanks, MMyers1970. (I hope I don't have to wait that long!) Were you satisfied with the K9 grips you received?

The grips I received were of good quality, and didn't require any fitting. I would prefer they were made of walnut, but the only option is the Pau Ferro wood Kahr offers. I applied a few coats of Renaissance Wax and they look better now.

Update: I received an e-mail yesterday from Kahr. The wood grips for my K9 are due to arrive to me in a couple of days! The wait was not so long after all.

rx7sig

The grips sold by Kahr can be slimmed down, I've done several. Often wished I could buy them unfinished with all the inside fitting done and let me work the outside.
    That fitting is a major time killing chore for me. Several hours and one goof and off to the wood stove and a start over.

Some I've found need a tiny bit of fitting to make the back seam fit properly, most fit nice just as they come.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Some I've found need a tiny bit of fitting to make the back seam fit properly, most fit nice just as they come.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I am hoping they will fit well since my K9 is a relatively new build.

rx7sig

I like the look of mine, but they are too think IMHO. I figure i have medium to small hands, so my wood grips sit in the draw. I prefer the feel and thinness of the stock grips over the wood grips, but I prefer the look of thw wood grips...

My Kahr checkered wood grips arrived today. I just installed them. (Reused the screws that came with the original rubber grips.) They are quite attractive and seem to be well made, and they fit both my K9 and my hand extremely well. I was wondering if they would be thick, maybe too thick (like the OEM wood grips that came on my Sig P229 SSE). However, I am very happy to find that their width, marginally wider than the rubber grips', seems perfect for me.

Next steps: Get some Loctite (for the grip screws), and go to the range for an extended session. Can't wait!

rx7sig