Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wood Grips for K9

I just use a bit of fingernail polish (try to use some of my least favorite colors) or a rubber O ring like on a 1911. Sometimes you can use a longer screw with the O ring and it works out well.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I just use a bit of fingernail polish (try to use some of my least favorite colors) or a rubber O ring like on a 1911. Sometimes you can use a longer screw with the O ring and it works out well.
    Thanks for the tips.

I was able to shoot my checkered wood grips-dressed K9 today. Verdict: Excellent! I had wondered whether grips a bit thicker than the OEM rubber grips my K9 came with, would suit my larger-sized hands a bit better. The (wider) wood grips absolutely do! And they are quite comfortable to shoot, too. (I shot 115 gr. Federal AE and 124 gr. Speer Gold Dot LE +P.) Two thumbs up for these Kahr (Hogue) checkered wood grips!

rx7sig

It's been quite a while since I last attempted, unsuccessfully, to upload a photo to this forum. (I think I had made too few posts at that time.) Let's hope this attempt is successful.

I snapped and posted the attached photo to another forum just now. And then I remembered that I never gave a follow-up to this old thread. Well, this is it: My K9 dressed in the wood grips, and pictured with my lined, Mitch Rosen holster and carry ammo (Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. +P)--an excellent (for me) EDC package!

rx7sig
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, those look fantastic, much nicer it appears than some of the previous versions I've seen.
    Sharp combination, perfect match for that gun. I love it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wow, those look fantastic, much nicer it appears than some of the previous versions I've seen.
    Thank you, Bawanna. The grips look even better in the flesh! Attached now is my first photo attempt, but taken with flash (which overpowers things a bit, maybe), showing a bit more of the grips' detail. Not apparent from these two iPhone photos is just how perfectly the two grip panels meet at the back. Very pleased with the function and the look. However, ...

.. a few weeks after, I purchased Hogue cocobolo grips for my Sig M11-A1. Now, those are extremely beautiful! And, being a much harder wood than the pau ferro K9 grips I purchased, K9 grips in cocobolo would be an even better choice, probably.

rx7sig
    Attached Images Attached Images

I agree...that's a sweet looking pistol
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Very nice looking grips..................

Thank you, gb6491 and berettabone.

Those K9 Hogue grips look great, I can see some on my old K9. Nice pic, hope you don't mind I captured it for a screensaver.