Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W Trail Boss Dash 5

Default S&W Trail Boss Dash 5

Hey all, I stumbled upon a very good condition 629-5 Trail Boss yesterday. It came with original box, papers, and grips with the little loop thing on bottom. My question is, it is priced at 800 plus tax. Is this a fair deal? I know the brand new dash 6's are about $900.OO at the same store. But obviously it comes with the dreaded key lock (which i dont mind so much but would prefer one without it)

So would you guys say this is a fair price or pass on it? For some reason I have always had a thing for big bore snubs. I know you lose a lot of velocity, and recoil/muzzle blast is increased, but the just look so ****** lol. I am somewhat experienced in shooting shorty 44 mags as well. Thanks in advance for the input.

Heres a couple of pics
    Preview attachment IMG-0275.JPG

IMG-0275.JPG
    3.7 MB

Preview attachment IMG-0274.JPG

IMG-0274.JPG
    4 MB

GLOCK... THE POOR MANS KAHR.

IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    Just incase those photos didn’t show up on last post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like that's in the ball park for what they go for around these parts, maybe even a little better. I'd go for it over the one with the key for sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Question is, do you think it's a fair deal???????? 44 special ammo isn't that easy to find. Probably took it on trade from someone who couldn't hit the side of the barn with it. I'd see if I could get them down in price.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Question is, do you think it's a fair deal???????? 44 special ammo isn't that easy to find. Probably took it on trade from someone who couldn't hit the side of the barn with it. I'd see if I could get them down in price.
    Yeah i might ask if the could do maybe 800 or 825. I really do like the gun. Always wanted a trail boss. I think Hickok45 has a couple videos of his.

Cool S&W 629-2 Mountain Revolver

I got this for $350, but it's worth $800 these days easily (And it's not for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I got this for $350, but it's worth $800 these days easily (And it's not for sale)
    You are a freakin lucky man. May i ask how on earth you got that for 350? Also, is it bead blasted?

My guess, he bought it in the 90's when wheel guns were "done". Replaced/made obsolete by the new Glock wonders.
    NRA Benefactor

Cool Magnum Force

Quote Originally Posted by scotty_MK9 View Post
    You are a freakin lucky man. May i ask how on earth you got that for 350? Also, is it bead blasted?
    Used 44s in the early 1990s were cheap.
    There were two LNIB 4" 629s for sale @ $350 each.
    Should have bought both

I believe Mountain Revolvers, back then, were non catalog guns made in limited runs.
    They came with custom upgrades that were popular at the time.
    From the factory; Glass bead blasted finish, 44 Special barrel, chamfered cylinder, round butt grips and combat hammer/trigger.
    It weighs 38 oz on a digital scale.
    Was designed for backpackers/campers to carry for dangerous animal defense.
    Last edited by Barth; 05-10-2019 at 09:41 PM.

In one of the Dirty Harry Movies, Magnum Force I think. Harry mentions he shoots 44 Specials out of his 44 Magnum. I was disappointed when I first heard it.
    If .44 Special was good enough for Harry, it's got to be good for everyone else. :-)
    NRA Benefactor