Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Kahr-Tonight

Default First Kahr-Tonight

I pick up my first Kahr Pistol
    tonight. It’s a CW380. Are there any prayers or incantations I need to perform before the range ? I’m going to clean it when I get it and manipulate the slide a couple hundred times. Then hit the range on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Greg in WI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kb2qqm1 View Post
    I pick up my first Kahr Pistol
    tonight. It’s a CW380. Are there any prayers or incantations I need to perform before the range ? I’m going to clean it when I get it and manipulate the slide a couple hundred times. Then hit the range on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Greg in WI.

Kahrs are an old design that has been around a while. Their quality control is pretty good too, and, IMHO, a lot better than S&W and Sig right now... Not trying to jinx it lol, but I believe your Kahr should do fine. If not, they'll take care of you.

Welcome to the club! Be sure to post some pics as well as a range report.

Somewhere on here there's "Proper Prep of a New Kahr" thread.

Welcome to the forum kb2qqm1.

The new Kahr prep thread is good, but a bit tedious to read through - all 24 pages of it.

Do your clean and lube 1st thing.

I have 2 CW380s. On the first one, I did the whole shebang on the prep thread, and the second, I just cleaned and lubed it. Both worked fine from round one.

You might want to avoid Fiocchi/Perfecta/BrassMaxx ammo. They're known offenders in the little Kahrs. That ammo isn't made to SAAMI specs, and Kahrs are. The dimensions of that ammo doesn't play nicely with 380 Kahrs.

Stick to quality brass cased domestic ammo like Federal (American Eagle), Blazer Brass, Remington, Winchester, etc. Some owners have problems with the flat nose Winchester white box ammo, but I haven't.

PMC Bronze (Korean made) also seems to work well for people in their little 380s.

Here's a lube diagram you may find helpful. Let us know how your new 380 works for you.

KahrLubePoints.jpg

Welcome Greg in WI! Those little Kahr’s are awesome! I think you will love it. You now belong to a great forum too. Lot’s of helpful/friendly folks here who can coach you through just about anything you may ever need with your Kahr. Happy shooting!

Thanks for ALL the replies ! I really do appreciate all of the great advice,especially the oil points. I picked it up tonight. Kahr, oiled it well.. it was dripping out of the bag But I will break it down tonight and fully clean it, and get acquainted. I have been Weapons Shield oil/grease. I love it. I bought 200 rounds of Federal FMJ this afternoon. I manipulated the slide a couple of hundred times. I left it in the safe locked back. I read the manual and the other posts about how to prep it. What a great resource you have here. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Greg

Looks like I have 2 sign-ins. one on my computer and one on my iPhone app...Tapatalk ill have to fix that Still the same ...me. (kb2qqm1 and ohboy2)

Greg

Default All prepped and polished

All ready cleaned, Polished, and oiled/greased. Range day on Saturday. I can't wait. I went through all the checklists and gun prep. Hoping for a great day. Thanks everybody.

Hope it goes well. Please keep us posted. If there are any issues there’s a lot of good help available from the folks on this forum.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I just got back from the range. 200 rounds Federal FMJ. Shot everything perfectly. I only had ONE failure to eject. All nice primer strikes. It could have been a bad case. Who knows.

That is actually pretty impressive. My Glock 19 and Glock 43 had 4 failures each out of the box even after cleaning.

I’m LOVING this CW380 !!!

(Kb2qqm1-ohboy2)