Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Kahr-Tonight

Hard to believe that was $80 in ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shop carefully and it will get a bit cheaper to shoot. I shot mixed brass reman and have a couple of failures to return fully to battery. A slap with the hand sends it home and it keeps things cheap. Federal for carry though. I love my cw380 and it is about the only gun I carry. Easy in the pocket. On the boarder north of Green Bay.

I just wanted to do the break-in. The federal was 19.99 a box. Now to find some carry ammo. Critical Defense or Hydroshock, or Corbon.

Congratulations on a successful day with your CW380.

I know I warned you about Fiocchi ammo, but Fiocchi Extrema doesn't seem to have any problems in the little Kahrs. The nickle plated brass of the Extrema is made in the US, if I'm not mistaken.

Extrema also uses the Hornady XTP bullet - a proven top performer in 380. I can often find Fiocchi Extrema for around $15 per box of 20.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fioc...25-p-3032.aspx

Welcome kb2qqm1,
    I would also add Geco fmj to the bad list. Today at the range with my CT380, I had approximately 15 of 50 rounds fail to go fully into battery or fail to extract.
    This is after 225 flawless rounds of fmj from Federal, Remington and Blazer as well as 5 mags full of Federal 99 grain HSTs, which is now my carry ammo.
    After I finished the Geco box, I went back to the Blazer Brass without any failures thru several mags.
    Upon closer inspection, the rims of the Geco cases appear to be slightly thicker than the Blazer, likely causing the failures.
    I've heard of this with Fiocchi fmj, and maybe some others.

Also FWIW, Check out Magguts. They make replacement magazine spring and innard +1 kits for Kahr 380s and some other popular single stacks. I tested one out today with about 40 rounds and it worked as well as the factory setup.

Good Luck!

You would be well served to put in a Lakeline striker. The oem strikers are prone to break. Mine broke after a few hundred rounds and a lot of dry fire. Since the Lakeline thousands of rounds and lots of dry fire with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    You would be well served to put in a Lakeline striker. The oem strikers are prone to break. Mine broke after a few hundred rounds and a lot of dry fire. Since the Lakeline thousands of rounds and lots of dry fire with no problem.
    It’s a good idea if you’re willing to disassemble that part of the pistol.

The OEM striker in my CT380 was fine through 600 rounds but I replaced it anyway. Sleep much better at night now.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Thanks for the ammo suggestions and the firing pin info. I tear down ALL of my guns and clean and lubricate them throughly. Well not the firing pin channel of course. That’s supposed to be dry. As long as they break in good and are reliable I do not mind voiding the warranty. The Kahr is a $300 gun. My Glocks were $500 and change. In the scheme of things, the warranty means nothing to me. I have to know my firearms and know beyond a doubt they will work 100%. I clean them once per month even if they are not taken to the range. No dust bunnies.

Greg