Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Took my CW45 and my old P9 out today

Default Took my CW45 and my old P9 out today

My new/used CW45 worked pretty well. I ran 100 rounds through it, and the slide failed to return to battery a couple of times, and it didn't feed from slide lock twice, but I'm chalking that up to break-in. I doubt the previous owner put a lot of rounds through it, as it looks brand new. It was accurate enough---but it had me flinching about halfway through, and my hand was going numb. That's a stoutly recoiling little pistol, but physics would dictate it would be.

I got my 100 rounds through it and switched to my first generation P9. I rarely shoot it because I have other Kahr options, and I don't carry it, so I either shoot my CM9/MK9 or my K9/T9---the former because I carry a CM9 and the latter because they're such nice soft shooting pistols. I forgot how easy to shoot and how accurate the P9 is. In my opinion, the P9/CW9 platform is Kahr's perfect combination of concealability and shootability. The CM9 is a bit of a handful, and the metal guns are a bit heavy to carry, but the P9 fits right in the middle.

And it's pretty accurate at 10 yards. FQHH4081.jpgI definitely need to take it to the range more often.

What ammo were you using in the 45?

I broke mine in on Blazer Brass and American Eagle - both 230 gr.

I swear I could shoot that thing all day. Mine had a Talon grip on it when I bought it - maybe that'd help you.

Nice work with the P9!

that there is some really nice shoot'in !!!
    "No Matter Where You Go----There You Are !!"

Ed--I was using Federal Champion 230 grain. I did put a Talon grip on it, too. It's just kind of a handful, and I think 50 rounds is about as much as my hands can take at this stage of the game. The P9 felt like a .22 afterwards, that's for sure.

The CW45 did function, so my YouTube gunsmithing worked.

Definitely need to take the P9 out more often.

Quote Originally Posted by CM9 View Post
    that there is some really nice shoot'in !!!

Thanks. I tell everyone who asks about pistols that the Kahr trigger makes accurate shooting easy because of the trigger. The lack of a discernible break means you just hold still and pull the trigger until it goes off by surprise. It really is a testament to Justin Moon's design that a pistol which is about the size of a Walther PP can be that easy to shoot and accurate with a service cartridge. Sometimes I think people forget that 9mm was designed to go in big handguns like a Browning High Power, not sub 16 ounce firearms.

The P9 is very easy to shoot well.

I only have about 200 rounds of WWB JHP through my CW45 (new), but the recoil seemed very pleasant to me. How old is the recoil spring? I don't know if it would make a differerence, but I radiused the edges of the frame where it contacts the top of the web of the hand. The two points felt uncomfortable and affected my grip. I had to do the same with my FNX9... about 30 seconds with some sandpaper.