Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I Really Like My CT380 -- (ended up getting it back!)

Default OK, I Really Like My CT380 -- (ended up getting it back!)

I really do like my Kahr CT380.

But then my son-in-law send me THIS.................

That image now has me rethinking my wonderful all-steel Kahr K9 too...

Aw crap -- this is going to cost me $$$$$$.

Old No7
    Last edited by Old No7; 11-07-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post
    Aw crap -- this is going to cost me $$$$$$.
    Good thing the CT380 is 1/4" thinner and warm weather is coming -- that, plus, the 6 ounces lighter weight -- might help it stick around until fall maybe...

Maybe......................

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Yeah, but twice the cost too.
    However, I intend to wait awhile to see if Justin Moon is going to do something similar with the CW9 (increase the capacity to 10+1). Even the full size Ruger SR9 17+1 pistols are thin in the grip, no more than my CW45.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

The 365 has great reviews and a few around here have them so I have held them.
    So far the 365 just hasn't gelled in the beauty to the eye department. Just doesn't sing to me, too bulky or something, can't put my finger on it.
    I figured to get one but so far the urge has subsided considerable.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post
    Good thing the CT380 is 1/4" thinner and warm weather is coming -- that, plus, the 6 ounces lighter weight -- might help it stick around until fall maybe...

Maybe......................

Old No7
    My thoughts exactly. I’m finding thinness and weight are a big factor. I do have the p365 but resort to a 380 that slides into the pocket often.

always carry something though.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The 365 has great reviews and a few around here have them so I have held them.
    So far the 365 just hasn't gelled in the beauty to the eye department. Just doesn't sing to me, too bulky or something, can't put my finger on it.
    I figured to get one but so far the urge has subsided considerable.
    The slide looks out of proportion to the grip. At least to me it does.

The P365 is considerably bigger than the CT380 and even a little bit bigger than the CM9. Probably right in between the CM9 and CW9.

I’m still tempted by it.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

P365, I don't shoot mine enough. Last time I was at the local shop (which has an indoor range) I thought to run a box of shells through it.
    First ten, at ten yards:

It almost always shoots pretty close to that for me, so I stopped right there. Save the ammo for another day and not ruin the results was the theme of that short range trip. I'm pretty satisfied with my P365.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I see you got the Garrett Silent Thunder for it. How you liking that?
    I'm a subscriber to the Don't ruin the results theory myself, course I usually don't have that good of results not to ruin.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice shooting! My first shot can be dead center... and it usually goes down hill from there! I can have a string like that and blow the last shot rushing the trigger, too.

I really like the CT-380. It's more of a P-size, my favorite, and the P380 should have been the PM380. The CT has a great feel and size, but I can't afford any more pistols, especially when I have the maximum concealment P380. I usually carry my P40 with the 4" ported barrel, and I prefer the P-sized pistols.

Getting ready to go see the grandgirls this time next week... Cadence will be 2 Sunday and Cayla 6 on Friday. I can't believe how the time flies when you get "elderly"... 73 next month, but a young(I think) 73!

I was at Lowe's yesterday looking at O-rings and pulled out my spare "hi-cap" .40 mag to see how one size fit. The bullets were very dusty and lots of lint... in the spare carried in a Kydex holder! I need to do some cleaning and make sure everything works! I'll carry my usual P40 and P380... except when I dismount the first time in Ill Annoy... the only place I can't carry concealed outside my vehicle.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Pic of my CT380, just what fer......
    (My brother, a retired bean counter, really likes the serial #)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling