Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK, I Really Like My CT380 -- (ended up getting it back!)

Well, it's now official........

My CT380 has moved on -- and my SIG P365 is now my favorite carry gun.

I'll keep my Kahr K9 for sure -- with Crimson Trace grips & Dawson fiber optic sights -- but I'm now down to only 1 Kahr.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I do like my P365s. I haven't sold any Kahrs though.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    CT380 and CM9 are my two carry guns. IWB at ~1:30.

Been mostly carrying the CM9 lately but the CT380 is smaller, thinner and lighter.

Crappy pic below shows both at 7+1

What are those rubber grips they are sporting? I really need a good option for my P380....

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    What are those rubber grips they are sporting? I really need a good option for my P380....
    They’re made by Tuff1.

They are silicon-based so they are a little grippier than a bike tube but still very thin.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    They’re made by Tuff1.

They are silicon-based so they are a little grippier than a bike tube but still very thin.
    Thanks for that. Just bought a two-pack. Finding decent add-on grips for some of the less popular pistols, especially the micros, can be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Thanks for that. Just bought a two-pack. Finding decent add-on grips for some of the less popular pistols, especially the micros, can be tough.
    Better pic of one on my CM9

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Very nice.

You know, I really, really love my P365, but every time I see a photo of a Kahr I miss my PM9 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post
    Well, it's now official........

My CT380 has moved on -- and my SIG P365 is now my favorite carry gun.

I'll keep my Kahr K9 for sure -- with Crimson Trace grips & Dawson fiber optic sights -- but I'm now down to only 1 Kahr.

Old No7
    * Update *

My CT380 is back -- and it's the P365 I played with awhile that has moved on!

The slim 380 was missed and I couldn't quite warm up to the 365 even though I'd tried, and it was my 3rd SIG too (I'll keep the others). The more I thought about it, I realized that if I needed more than the 8 rounds of 380 in the little Kahr -- then I was in the wrong neighborhood at the wrong time! Yeah, the 365 held 10 or 12 rounds of 9mm (or up to 15, but I didn't get one of those mags) but I honestly can't see myself needing that much firepower for what I call a "Get Off Me" gun. The l'il 380 doesn't print at all with just an untucked t-shirt and shorts, and it also pocket carries much better for me than the 365 did, so I've gone back to it.

The 365 did have a light striker-fire trigger too, but maybe it was "a little too light" (??) and I just feel more comfortable with the longer (but smoooooooth, with no stacking) trigger pull of the Kahr. Oh well, this isn't the first time I've tried a new gun just to go back to the one I'd had before... But going back to a Kahr isn't a bad thing.

And as this CT380 had been upgraded with the Lakeline Striker and a Galloway Precision SS Striker Guide, and was already broken in by the "prior owner" , it's concealed-carry ready to go.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post
    * Update *

My CT380 is back -- and it's the P365 I played with awhile that has moved on!

The slim 380 was missed and I couldn't quite warm up to the 365 even though I'd tried, and it was my 3rd SIG too (I'll keep the others). The more I thought about it, I realized that if I needed more than the 8 rounds of 380 in the little Kahr -- then I was in the wrong neighborhood at the wrong time! Yeah, the 365 held 10 or 12 rounds of 9mm (or up to 15, but I didn't get one of those mags) but I honestly can't see myself needing that much firepower for what I call a "Get Off Me" gun. The l'il 380 doesn't print at all with just an untucked t-shirt and shorts, and it also pocket carries much better for me than the 365 did, so I've gone back to it.

The 365 did have a light striker-fire trigger too, but maybe it was "a little too light" (??) and I just feel more comfortable with the longer (but smoooooooth, with no stacking) trigger pull of the Kahr. Oh well, this isn't the first time I've tried a new gun just to go back to the one I'd had before... But going back to a Kahr isn't a bad thing.

And as this CT380 had been upgraded with the Lakeline Striker and a Galloway Precision SS Striker Guide, and was already broken in by the "prior owner" , it's concealed-carry ready to go.

Old No7
    I can relate to this. I’m just wishy washy. Haven’t carried my P365 recently and now 50/50 carry either a Sig P938 or LCP. The Sig is slightly smaller than the CM9 and I kinda like the manual safety. The LCP has seen more carry than any other pistol I own and I shoot it well. Also recently acquired a LCP v1.5 with the better trigger from my dads collection that I bought him about 4 years ago so that will likely see some carry also.

ive about figured out that I had best not get rid of any of small carry guns because I like to change up regularly.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Variety is the spice of life long as it's accurate and looks cool.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."