Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New CW40 need advice

I thought I was wrong once. But I was mistaken.

-Wlf

I shot low and left with my S9 until I got used to it. I use 124gr ammo, so that's probably the low...but I am a lefty, so not sure about the possibility that the impact left is handedness...

That's odd. I've had eight Kahrs, and for me, the CW40 was the most accurate and it never failed. It also bested several of my other pistols, except maybe some SIG's and HK's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Update: 11/26/2019

According to FedEx, Kahr received my CW40 on 10/30/2019. I called their service department today, and they said they have not yet looked at it. They suggested to call mid-next week to see where they were.

However, in late October I bought a T40 which I like (dang heavy for such a small gun). It's a joy to shoot and has none of the accuracy/precision issues I was having with the CW40. Hopefully, this suggests that the issues I was having with the CW40 was probably something that snuck past QC at the factory.

Once the Kahr (hopefully) fixes the issues with the CW40, I will revisit switching to 40 for my EDC and HD systems. In the meantime, I've been happy with my CM9 (for lighter clothing) and CW45 for 90% of my carry time.

Update: 11/27/2019

Kahr service emailed me that the repairs were finished and firearm ready to ship back. They listed the repairs as follows:

"This is what our gunsmiths did for the repair.
    POLISHED SLIDE STOP, POLISHED BARREL FEED RAMP, TEST FIRED OK (2 FULL MAGS AMERICAN EAGLE 165 GR FMJ, ACCURACY TESTED OK, INCLUDED TARGET USED FOR ACCURACY TEST FOR CUSTOMER REFERENCE."

I will let you know how it goes once the CW40 is back and I've had a chance to bring it to the range.
    Last edited by Scott321; 11-27-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Update: 1/11/2020

So I've taken the CW40 to the range a couple times since I got it back. I haven't put a ton of rounds through it, as I've pretty much settled into my CW45 for daily carry. However, I've shot a few different brands of 40, different weights, and both JHP and FMJ and it seems to be working perfectly. Today's session was using Win 165gr FMJ, and at 5 yards often two pairs from a 5 shot group would be on top of eachother, and 5 shot groupings have gone from 12+" at 5 yards and multiple failures to feed in each magazine (before warranty work) to 1.5" with no failures (after warranty work).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    Update: 1/11/2020

So I've taken the CW40 to the range a couple times since I got it back. I haven't put a ton of rounds through it, as I've pretty much settled into my CW45 for daily carry. However, I've shot a few different brands of 40, different weights, and both JHP and FMJ and it seems to be working perfectly. Today's session was using Win 165gr FMJ, and at 5 yards often two pairs from a 5 shot group would be on top of eachother, and 5 shot groupings have gone from 12+" at 5 yards and multiple failures to feed in each magazine (before warranty work) to 1.5" with no failures (after warranty work).
    That's pretty darn good news!
    Thanks for the follow up.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

How was the recoil was it any better? I’ve had my CW40 almost a year and finally took it to the range this past weekend. I absolutely hated how it shot. It was very snappy and the very inaccurate. I’m talking even at 5 yds. I have a Taurus 24/7 .40 that I could cut out a bullseye on a target @ 15 yds. I’m not a competition shooter, but I think that’s pretty good for an average Joe. I absolutely love the look and feel of the CW40. I have the all black finish and it feels comfortable in the Vedder light tuck holster. I want it to be my new EDC but it’s not there for me. Don’t know how folks can handle the CW45 and how they say the CW40 has a light recoil. I’ve got big hands and I’m not small. I just didn’t expect so much snap.
    Last edited by Poppatello; 09-03-2021 at 10:52 PM.

My K40 is very accurate but I'm not fond of the muzzle flip and snappiness. I get along much better with my PM45. Guess the slower heavier 45 isn't as snappy or something. K40 is much heavier and I've had it magna ported, still pretty snappy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I found an old thread from like 2009 where someone had the same issue as me. Someone referred him to the new members sub-forum so I have been ready that over. Lots of info to take it so may take me a bit. Hope there are some pictures later on in that thread. I'm hoping that cleaning the pistol and break it in a certain way will fix my issues.