Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Used P9

Default Used P9

I'd been looking for a P9 for while & could not find anything locally.
    I found a used one a few days ago and figured I'd take a chance since
    new ones are non existent as most shops don't carry the Kahr lineup.

The one i found was in good condition with the exception of a couple minor issues.
    The slide stop was excessively filed in an attempt to soften edges & both magazine
    followers had seen better days.

A good cleaning & quick trip to the range proved my gamble was worth taking.
    The pistol functioned flawlessly.

Besides the slide stop & followers i was planning on replacing the recoil spring.
    Can anyone suggest other parts that should be replaced on a used gun?

If you are going to replace the followers, maybe replace the mag springs, as well?

-Wlf

Good call, forgot about those.

Replace the extractor spring.

I wouldn't replace anything if the pistol is functioning. Most people don't shoot very much at all. P9s are in the "carried a lot, shot a little" category.

I concur, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Never hurts to have a few spare springs but probably not needed.
    I seldom replace a recoil spring and never mag springs. The gun will tell you what it needs.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The only thing unusual about the function of the gun is I can close the slide on an empty magazine.
    I have a K9 that it is impossible to do that with. I'm thinking maybe the followers are worn?
    One other thing I've never seen on another Kahr is the trigger spring is coming through the polymer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris50 View Post
    The only thing unusual about the function of the gun is I can close the slide on an empty magazine.
    I have a K9 that it is impossible to do that with. I'm thinking maybe the followers are worn?
    One other thing I've never seen on another Kahr is the trigger spring is coming through the polymer.
    Did it look like this?

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Close, this one sticks out a bit more. Thanks for the pic. I assume it's not a problem only because the trigger feels & functions fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris50 View Post
    Close, this one sticks out a bit more. Thanks for the pic. I assume it's not a problem only because the trigger feels & functions fine.
    That's the pin that holds the trigger axis pin in place. We seen a few instances where that retaining pin has worked out a bit. You can push or tap back into the into the frame.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>