Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: changed the mag catch today

Default changed the mag catch today

I was getting at least 3 or 4 premature mag releases per box of ammo on my new CM9. Kahr sent me a new torsion spring and mag release. The torsion spring is noticeably thicker than the original. The mag catch did not look different, but must have been because the mag would not seat with the new catch button. I sanded the mag bottom (I bought the plastic bottom from Kahr) very judiciously until it would click in. The picture does not show the plastic mag bottom. I shot another 50 rounds of 147 and 115 gr. and had no mag releases. I hope this fixed the problem. With the 5 lb. striker spring and now the mag spring the gun is pleasant to shoot. I am at 400 rounds and love this gun. The tube on the grip is from a 26" bike tube and was free b/c the tube had a hole that could not be fixed so I make my own grip panels.

I might have missed it, but did that solve the problem? I have the same issue with my K40...

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    I might have missed it, but did that solve the problem? I have the same issue with my K40...
    my last 50 rounds were without incident, no mag drops. Hopefully, the problem is solved.