Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal followers

Default Metal followers

Kahr has metal followers on their site. Has anyone tried them? Are they as good as lakeline?
    My 7 round magazine has a broken follower that i need to replace & i'd like to know whats the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris50 View Post
    Kahr has metal followers on their site. Has anyone tried them? Are they as good as lakeline?
    My 7 round magazine has a broken follower that i need to replace & i'd like to know whats the best way to go.
    Link? Are they cheaper than lakeline's?

My guess is that it is a Lakeline.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Good guess - they are Lakelines.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. There's a whole pile of Lakeline parts now sold by Kahr on their website.

I can confirm that Kahr is selling Lakeline parts on their website. My P380 recently broke its striker. I sent the gun to Kahr, and they installed a new striker. In my letter I included with the gun, I requested a Lakeline striker be installed. The Kahr striker would have been free, but for the price of the Lakeline striker, they installed it as well.

Additionally, they replaced the striker spring, the recoil springs, the magazine spring, and the mag follower. I didn’t ask for those to be replaced, but they determined that they needed to be replaced. All for the price of a Lakeline striker.

-Wlf

Quote Originally Posted by Wlfman13 View Post
    I can confirm that Kahr is selling Lakeline parts on their website. My P380 recently broke its striker. I sent the gun to Kahr, and they installed a new striker. In my letter I included with the gun, I requested a Lakeline striker be installed. The Kahr striker would have been free, but for the price of the Lakeline striker, they installed it as well.

Additionally, they replaced the striker spring, the recoil springs, the magazine spring, and the mag follower. I didn’t ask for those to be replaced, but they determined that they needed to be replaced. All for the price of a Lakeline striker.

-Wlf
    Wow! New management at Kahr? Does not sound like the back turned to you Kahr customer service of the past. By the way, I was able to get Lakeline stuff (grips) faster from Kahr than Lakeline could provide, which I also found interesting. Kahr should either buy them (Lakeline) or at least follow their lead on innovation for the Kahr’s.

Probably faster from Kahr because Al sent his inventory to Kahr and had to make more.
    Not uncommon. I often can't get my checkering cutters locally as they send everything to Brownells.

Look up the history and purpose of Lakeline, I don't know if I still have a link to it or if it shows up on the website, haven't looked for awhile. Probably does.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks for the replies. Good to know I can get Lakeline followers from Kahr.
    They looked similar but being a noob i wasn't sure.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Good to hear that things appear to be taking off for him. Sounds like his business is keeping him hopping as I haven't seen him post in a while.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets