Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Alfonse at Lakeline

Default Question for Alfonse at Lakeline

First off, I’m not sure if General Discussion is the proper category, so mods please move if I’ve inappropriately placed this.
    Alfonse, the first picture I’m posting is of an MK9 with Lakeline grips, mag sleeve & base plate. This picture is why I went with the Lakeline stuff. In the second pic, you will see my MK9 with the stuff I ordered from Lakeline (and affiliates, I know some stuff is outsourced now). My mag sleeve and baseplate do not look as well fitting, smooth transitioning, flowing together as in that first pic. Anything that can be done about this? I’m sure others would want to know too. Thanks in advance! Really was hoping for the parts to fit like shown in that first pic. Thanks again!

Attached Images Attached Images

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Why don't you take the exact same picture of each one to compare? Same angle, lighting, background, etc...
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Why don't you take the exact same picture of each one to compare? Same angle, lighting, background, etc...
    I think you can see the differences pretty well. Pic 1 - Base plate tucks under sleeve. Sleeve has almost a bobtail or “carry contour”, texture is different and goes better with grips.
    Pic 2 - None of the above, and baseplate sides are not even/flush with the sleeve.

I believe those parts are outsourced to Shapeways. I’ve not been impressed with the quality of Shapeways magazine extensions. Some sharp edges and not always a perfect fit.

I’ll post a pic later but Pachmayr makes a similar grip extension that is of higher quality.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I believe those parts are outsourced to Shapeways. I’ve not been impressed with the quality of Shapeways magazine extensions. Some sharp edges and not always a perfect fit.

I’ll post a pic later but Pachmayr makes a similar grip extension that is of higher quality.
    Shapeways! That's who it was, and who I meant by "affiliates".Yes, not really happy with the fit/finish vs expectations. Yes, please post the other extensions if you can. I'd be very interested to see. Thanks!

Found 'em. And only $7.99!!! Wish somebody with one on would post a pic.Screenshot_20190531-130501_Chrome.jpg

If no one beats me to it I will post a picture with my CM9 later tonight or first thing tomorrow.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Heck, even Lakeline's website shows them like they are in that first pic I posted. Ok. Now I'm upset!
    Screenshot_20190531-130841_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190531-130850_Chrome.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Heck, even Lakeline's website shows them like they are in that first pic I posted. Ok. Now I'm upset!
    I can understand how that can be upsetting. It is just cosmetic, and doesn't affect the fuction. The pics on the website probably are just older stock photos. If it is bothering you, you could always request a refund and just be done with it...
    Last edited by 187911; 05-31-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    I can understand how that can be upsetting. It is just cosmetic, and doesn't affect the fuction. The pics on the website probably are just older stock photos. If it is bothering, you could always request a refund abd just be done with it...
    Just sent Lakeline an email. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.