Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Alfonse at Lakeline

Your in good hands, Al is a very stand up good guy. He'll take care of it. He's also very receptive to suggestions and desires.

He's been neglectful about visiting us here for awhile, I'll have to maybe chastise him a bit for that.

He lives on the good side of our mountains (EAST).
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hearing you say that is reassuring. I honestly have not taken the MK out much since that stuff went on. I had nice wood grips on it, which got sold to help fund the Lakeline stuff. Kinda felt like I messed up. Thanks and hope it goes well with Al! : )

Pic of the Pachmayr to which I've added some rubberized grip tape because it is very smooth.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Pic of the Pachmayr to which I've added some rubberized grip tape because it is very smooth.

Now that looks NIIIICE! Looks better than factory in my opinion!

One of the reasons people tell me that Facebook and other online places aren't ready for bawanna is my habit of saying whats on my mind.

In this instance I could never grasp why one buys a small compact gun for convenience and then adds stuff to it to make it big.

I used to subscribe to the theory that you can put a flush mag in and have both, but I think I cancelled that subscription.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I would never fault you for that (speaking your mind, or cancelling that subscription). We all are cut from varying cloth. If all the same, that old "supply & demand" thing would bite us in the wallet I'm sure! Your input is always respected and appreciated as I feel you are one who is "in the know" (insert thumbs up and smiley face here).

I agree completely- the world is not ready for Bawanna!

I don’t carry with that extension as it does defeat the purpose of a small pistol. I usually carry with Lakeline’s billet plus one which is very small but does enable me to get a three fingered grip (small guy). Can post a pic of that later.

That being said, Kahr’s 7 round mags for the CM9 look awful and the Pachmayr feels really good in the hand.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I'll have to look at that billet piece. I have had a billet extension on a nightstand gun (have a plastic one now). I get what you guys are saying about extensions on compacts/subcompacts. On this one, I was going for the cool factor, as that initial pic showing a good fit kinda got me going. On a side note, I now carry a Sig P365, and do carry with the 12 rounder vs the 10 rounder. I can grip it much better and the extended/12 rounder difference in length is negligable. My bug is a LCP, and will be putting the Ruger extended mag on it. Again, the difference is negligable. I carry using Liberty Civil Defense ammo, so weight is even less than with flush mags filled with standard defense rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    One of the reasons people tell me that Facebook and other online places aren't ready for bawanna is my habit of saying whats on my mind.

In this instance I could never grasp why one buys a small compact gun for convenience and then adds stuff to it to make it big.

I used to subscribe to the theory that you can put a flush mag in and have both, but I think I cancelled that subscription.
    I agree 110%.. I just didn't want to say it. Why not just get a K9 instead of a MK9 and making it the size of the K9?. I know that the OP is concerned about appearances, but the MK9 looks funny and disproportionate with either extension. Again, if you want lools and capacity, you should want a K9...

Then again, it's their pistol paid for by their hard earned money, so it's really none of my business about what they do with it... I just personally will never understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I agree completely- the world is not ready for Bawanna!

I don’t carry with that extension as it does defeat the purpose of a small pistol. I usually carry with Lakeline’s billet plus one which is very small but does enable me to get a three fingered grip (small guy). Can post a pic of that later.

That being said, Kahr’s 7 round mags for the CM9 look awful and the Pachmayr feels really good in the hand.
    I carry my MK40 with a Pearce pinky extention to get a full grip, but with the way it's designed, it really doesn't hinder concealablity.