Hey guys,
I bought my first Desert Eagle yesterday, at work when I got a deal I couldn't pass up. It came in on consignment, it's a mark I in .357. It has the original box that matches the SN # on the gun itself, three original mags dated 1/85 and the manager that brought it in said that the seller might be bringing by the original manual and a shoulder holster for it. One of my coworkers that got to see it before I did said that there's a bit of throat wear on the chamber, but being .357 and semi-auto, doesn't surprise me but it shouldn't affect anything. The lockup seems great, nice and smooth, and it comes with the "billet" target sights which are awesome, and the original sights in the box. Any ideas on when this was made? SN # range is 12,700. I saw another listing on Gunbroker, where someone had one similar that was 13,800 that they said was '86 but I can't seem to find any SN # production date ranges. I picked up this package for $699 which I think is fair, especially with the OEM box and 3 mags. Is there anything I should know or look for when I take it home? I know that they are picky on ammo but my work sells one of the brands that Magnum Research recommends, and I will be sourcing out a spring kit to do a tune-up on it.