Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Starting the break-in on my new CT380

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Starting the break-in on my new CT380

Just picked up a CT380 from Bud's. I knew I was going to be in for an ordeal breaking it in, so I headed out to the range with a variety of ammunition.

First off, slingshotting the slide will absolutely NOT chamber a round. Or it will chamber, but not cock the striker.

Secondly, it IS ammunition sensitive. Mine apparently hates Geco .380 95 gr. ball, as it frequently gets hung up halfway into the chamber. Or 90% of the way into the chamber and I have to do a forward assist. I shot about 150 of these.

Remington Green box, on the other hand, chambered reliably, about 50 95 gr. ball.

Then another 50 Remington 102 gr Golden Saber, the best of the ammo, although Hornady 'Zombie Max' and Remington 88 gr. JHP also did well.

Perhaps the Geco is underpowered or the profile of the bullet simply doesn't 'agree' with the Kahr chamber.

Oh, and the trigger is surprisingly easy to manage, and the gun is VERY accurate at self-defense ranges. Assuming the springs finally settle down it could be a BUG with the right ammunition. For now, not so much...

Edit: at least one reviewer on SGAmmo found that his Kahr doesn't like the Geco .380
    Last edited by Noway; 06-01-2019 at 03:42 PM.