Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Grand Gesture from Kahr

Smile A Grand Gesture from Kahr

I've posted on here a couple of times about my recently purchased Kahr CM9 - first Kahr purchase for me

well, i decided to polish the barrel, slide stop and trigger

the problem i ran into was in disassembling the trigger from the housing - looking it over i decided i didn't really want to mess with the trigger pin and the way it is seated in the frame

i had a $45 rebate from Kahr so i ordered another trigger along with some other accessories i might need in the future - i figured i would take the new trigger, polish it up to my liking, then have an experienced gunsmith change out the trigger for me - it doesn't look like an overly complicated job if you have the right tools

this morning i decided to call Kahr technical support and ask them how much they would charge me to do the change out - send them my frame along with the polished trigger and let them install it for me - i'd do that for a reasonable price, they are most familiar with doing that

after explaining my madness to the Kahr rep, she put me on hold then came back to the phone after talking with one of their smith's - she told me they'd do it for FREE - yes, when im ready they'll give me a return authorization number, all i have to do is send it in and they'll change it out for me - AWESOME

needless to say, im impressed, never expected to hear they'd do it for free - now i can't wait to get the new trigger in so i can get started on the polishing - i figure i got one shot at this, so it's gonna get a mirror polish job, my full attention

now i can see why you guys love your Kahr firearms so much - a well made American product and great customer service

That’s awesome, balddog! I can’t wait to see the finished product!

-Wlf

They did the same for me when I had problems with my trigger on the CM9. Great company and great firearms.

Excellent!

Nice to see someone taking the time to post about their positive experiences. Most only put forth the effort and are motivated to post when things don't go their way and they do not get their way.

Amen to that brother.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Speaking of positive experiences... Heritage/Taurus has finally succeeded in solving my Rough Rider revolver trouble, and agreed to issue me a replacement gun with a new model and swap my American Flag grips to the new one. Hopeful it is shipping soon. Been an uphill battle to replace an obvious factory defective firearm (see photo) SAM_1684.jpgwith a new one. A 12 week repair time on Taurus firearms is a long problematic process....Customer service is really caught in the middle of irate customers and an understaffed and a repair program that needs a real overhaul to the entire system.

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Nice to see someone taking the time to post about their positive experiences. Most only put forth the effort and are motivated to post when things don't go their way and they do not get their way.
    yes, it hasn't been many but the few interactions with Kahr customer service have been nothing but positive - i was more than ready to pay a fair amount for the work, i don't expect anyone to work for free, but, if they feel they have it within their time frame to do it at no cost then im very appreciate of it - i know they didn't have to

now the pressure is on me to get that trigger polished up nice and purdy - my fingers will hate me

Quote Originally Posted by balddog05 View Post
    yes, it hasn't been many but the few interactions with Kahr customer service have been nothing but positive - i was more than ready to pay a fair amount for the work, i don't expect anyone to work for free, but, if they feel they have it within their time frame to do it at no cost then im very appreciate of it - i know they didn't have to

now the pressure is on me to get that trigger polished up nice and purdy - my fingers will hate me
    Pictures when you're done pls

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Pictures when you're done pls
    sure thing - the trigger will be here via FedEx on the 13th - im gonna really work it and try to have it have it ready within 2-3 days of polishing to ship out - i'll have to be completely satisfied with the work before i ship it though