Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: New S9

Default New S9

One of the few pistols I regret letting leave my collection was a P9 That I traded for a Walther PPS several years ago. So, when a ANIB S9 appeared on my local gun swap web site, for what I thought was a reasonable condition and price, I jumped.

It feels a little different in the hand than a P series. Not better or worse, just different. I really like the three dot sights as I've never bonded with post&dot sights. The trigger feels OK. Looks like it has few rounds. I've been running snap caps through it and the gun feeds well. It came with the old style followers. Oh well. I've developed the hots for a Glock 43X lately. Maybe this will be a good substitute. It came at almost half the cost so there's little to loose.

I'll take it to the range Monday for a test. If it shakes out I can see a small green laser in it's future.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

What is that mark on the slide stop? It's kind of strange seeing that serial# on the grip

Not sure what mark you see. The slide stop is just a normal Kahr part sans any mark. Maybe just my poor photo.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Hello,
    Did you take your S9 to the range and how did it perform? Was it accurate and what about quick/rapid fire or double taps? I am considering one myself so your input is appreciated.

God Bless,
    Ralph

First let me say that so far the S9 has been a real treat. It's been perfectly reliable for three range visits using 3 brands of ammo and 10 different 7 or 8 round mags. I prefer the three dot sights personally. I've never been able to shoot Kahrs as fast as single or double action pistols. The very short resets on some pistols is simply quicker than the normal Kahr. That's not to say a Kahr is slow... just not as fast. The trigger on my S9 is quite nice and compares well with my elite K9 in smoothness and clean break.
    One reason I wanted the S9 was to put a laser on it. Range visit 4 will be for trying a Truglo micro green laser.
    So far the accuracy has been just ok. I'm not producing real consistent groups but my last visit show good improvement therefore I assume I'll get tighter groups as time goes on. Now I'm getting between 2 to 4 inch groups at 10 yards and closer. I shoot mostly between 7 and 10 yards. Shooting fast opens the groups up to about 6".
    Overall I'm happy I bought. I can see this as a carry gun. I paid a very reasonable $280.

That is a good price as I almost had my S9 sold for $299