Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recent Free-Agent Pick Up...

Default Recent Free-Agent Pick Up...

Someone recently dropped a gun from their roster, which I was happy to add to mine. But first, a little background...

Well, six years ago was my first steel-framed Kahr encounter. The LGS/range had a nickel-framed K9 for $395, and a T9 for $495, both on consignment. I passed.

Then, four years ago, I passed on a $468 T9 when I bought my CT9 for much less.

Then, three years ago I passed on a $379 MK40 on consignment at a different shop.

Two and a half years ago, I passed on a new T40 online for $340 (I got reprimanded by Bawanna a bit, on that one... :-) )

Three weeks ago, I found a black-oxide-coated K40 with rubber grips used, for $299. After thinking about it, I called the shop and they agreed to take $250. They put it on hold for me. That weekend, I called and it was still there, on hold. When I showed up that evening, the guy helping me couldn’t find it. He said no one else would be able to find it, either, and recommended that I come back on another day, when a manager was there. Hmm...

Interestingly, all of the instances above were at different shops/retailers.

Well, I left the retailer with the used K40 that couldn’t be found, and headed home. On the way, I stopped at the LGS in which I had originally had my first steel-framed Kahr encounter. They had not had one in the shop since that day. And, to my surprise, I found this...

Long story short, this one came home with me.

After calling Kahr, I learned that this is an all stainless Duo Tone model made in August 2003. The slide is black-oxide-coated stainless steel.

After getting it home, I realized that the recoil springs and guide rod looked different than I expected. I think I have a Wolf guide rod and spring assembly. Any insight into this is appreciated.

DB85C2BD-95B3-4BF1-9DD5-6B86C6227BC1.jpg

-Wlf
    Last edited by Wlfman13; 06-10-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Gosh durn it, you write out a novel length story, get us engrossed and sitting on the edge of our wheelchairs or seats as it were and then you leave us hanging for the 2nd episode.

Should be some sort of penalty for this kind of activity. Guess I'll scoot back off the edge of my wheels and wait for part 2.

Grrrrrrr.,....
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Just seeing the end of the guide rod , it looks like a Wolf set up. Would need to see the whole set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I want that T9 for $495. Can I borrow your TARDIS?

That's a beauty! It looks like a Wolff recoil assembly to me too, from what I can see.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Thanks for the replies! I’m loving it!

I have attached photos of the recoil assembly.

Also, I shot it this weekend, and can now only HOPE to get it as clean as when I bought it. There wasn’t a single speck of carbon/black anywhere, and it was perfectly lubed. Since there was nothing to lube or clean, I took it to the range. I was really happy with how it shot, and my accuracy with it.

It came with a Desantis Nemesis holster with “MK” embroidered on the inside tag, and four magazines. One 6-round mag with a polished metal baseplate, two 6-round mags with pinkie extensions, and one 7-round mag with the standard Kahr baseplate/grip sleeve.

I really like the look of the Lakeline G10 grips, and love the G10 grips on Little Miss Dangerous, so I just need to find the $ money for those, and then decide whether I like the all-black grips, or the black/gray. I’m leaning toward the black/gray.

-Wlf
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, that's a Wolff recoil assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I want that T9 for $495. Can I borrow your TARDIS?
    Lol! Pick me one up too!

That's a beauty for sure, always liked duo tone guns. That one sings loudly.

Make sure Al knows it's an early one, there's a difference in the frame between the old and the new.

Still confusing to me. Seems like the new can be modified to fit the older style but it's a little foggy in my head.

Nice gun, enjoy. It was worth the wait.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wow, you got yourself a beauty there. She's a keeper, for sure.