Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr S9 vs Walther/Sig/Bersa???

Default Kahr S9 vs Walther/Sig/Bersa???

I am a new member, so hello everyone.

I am trying to decide on a 9mm ccw and would like some unbiased opinions from those who may have experience with the following guns or otherwise. I've been shooting over 46yrs and have a lot of experience with firearms, btw. I have somewhat limited experience with striker fired guns however.

Anyhow, how does the Kahr compare to the following guns in regards to accuracy with rapid fire, double taps and precision shots?

1. Walther PPS m2.
    2. Sig p365
    3. Bersa Bp9cc

I recently purchased the Bersa Bp9cc which gets rave reviews in regards to it's trigger. I however was disappointed because the trigger is actually gritty/grabby IMO and I cannot be highly precise with it. It is unlike the Bersa Thunder 380's ,which I own several, in the sense I can be highly precise with those. I've not been able to shoot the Sig, Walther or a Kahr.

Anyhow, I am most interested in the Kahr S9 because the trigger is superior to the other striker fired guns. It is very similar to my Diamondback Db380 in fact, very smooth all the way with no wall. My major concern is with the long trigger pull. Does it hamper your ability with rapid or quick firing which I think would be most applicable in a self defense situation? Can you get a trigger enhancement making the pull shorter or lighter?

God Bless,
    Ralph

The BP9cc is a very nice pistol. Great ergonomics, excellent trigger. However, I felt that the trigger was too light for carry and I sold it. As for being gritty, mine wasn't; it may just need polishing or something. I like the Thunder 380, but it's a little small for my hand.

For a carry gun, a standard Kahr trigger cannot be beat. Once you master the long trigger pull, you'll be able to hit very accurately with rapid follow-up shots. I do it all the time. The long pull does not hamper accuracy at all, you just need to get accustomed to it.

I've never tried the S9, never even seen one.

I have the Sig P365, the PPS M2, and several Kahrs. The Sig and the Kahrs have the smoothest triggers. My Walther trigger is about like a Glock trigger but the grip of the Walther is outstanding, it is very reliable, and I shoot it well but it is a tad heavier than the others. I consider the Walther my single stack HK because to me it shows quality in manufacturing.

All that said I carry the Sig most of all because after taking in consideration size, weight, and capacity, the Sig wins. I’d check which one you rack the slide better on. Let us know what you go with. Good luck.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have a Sig P365. It suits my needs well as a modern design with a basis to some extent tied to the Sig P320.

The P365 is small, accurate, and reliable after break-in. It is one of the best small pistols on the market. You can get 10, 12, or 15 round 9mm magazines.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the dog (fine looking dog too) did something bad. I can see guilt in the eyes. Maybe he ate your holster?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I love my S9, much better trigger that the Walther I used to carry.

I have small hands so single-stacks are the only way for me.

I, too will likely add a green laser soonish.

I carry daily using an Urban Carry "Trooper" and am very happy with the size for the S9

I handled a Walther Creed today. Seemed well worth the sub-$300 price tag, but the trigger was odd. Light and smooth takeup, then a gritty quarter inch or so of wall, followed by a light break. A little hammer-like thing at the back of the slide wags like a puppy’s tail as you pull the trigger. I wanted to like it, but just couldn’t.

Thanks for the replies!

My Bersa Bp9cc actually arrived back from the Service Center today. The trigger is much smoother and lighter now with a 3.75lb pull whereas it was quite gritty and varying from 4.5 to 5lb pull. I really like the Bp9cc but there are still a few things about it that I've decided I do not prefer in a ccw gun.

1. The trigger is very light and there are a few places I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying it (ex. Church Security). A longer and heavier trigger or a gun with a safety would allow me to carry it everywhere as desired. I don't normally use an external safety but there are a few instances when it or a long trigger pull would be desirable.

2. I had problems being highly precise with it. Rapid fire and double taps are very good but precision shooting was poor. The gritty trigger was in part responsible for this so it will be interesting how it performs now.

3. It is a little heavier and larger than desired. After having purchased the Bersa Bp9cc and handling the Kahr and the Sig p365, I find the later two are a better fit for what I desire.

The Kahr just seems a perfect fit for me but I really desire to shoot one prior to buying. I absolutely do not desire a long and heavy trigger pull..........

Ralph

Depends what you consider long and heavy. The Kahr trigger isn't the longest and nowhere near the heaviest. Heavier than a revolver trigger, for sure. It's a good compromise for a carry gun. (As opposed to a bad compromise, of which there are many out there.)

My wifey's revolver has a smooth easy trigger pull do to spring changes and polishing, but it still isn't as smooth and easy as my MK9. A baby could pull my MK trigger.