CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2 kahr 380s, 2 broken strikers

Thanks Greg.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

From Wolff Springs, it seems that all striker springs are the same, EXCEPT for the .380:

SKU Description Price ($) Add to cart
    32320 KAHR RP STRIKER SPRING 5 LB Pak of 1 3.49
    32321 KAHR RP STRIKER SPRING 5 LB Pak of 3 7.49
    32322 KAHR RP STRIKER SPRING 5 LB Pak of 10 15.99
    Striker Springs

Striker Springs - Reduced Power - W. C. Wolff Company offers reduced power striker springs (firing pin springs) for Kahr pistols rated at 5 pounds. The factory striker spring is 6 pounds. This spring will help improve the trigger pull.
    Warning: This spring is for competition use only - not for duty use.
    Fits All Kahr Models, Except .380 Caliber models

https://www.gunsprings.com/KAHR%20AR...D29/dID340#188
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    I would immediately dump both pistols and move on to something more reliable .

Look hard at the Sig P365.
    Nice looking pistola, but keep an eye on your dog....his eyes show he's up to somekinda nogood.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I agree, that dog's plottin on you if he ain't already done something.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Last December before our 3-week Winter trip, I went to put on my P40 and my CrossBreed Minituck holster. My pants had shrunk! I got out my P380 Mintuck and it fit fine.

I've been carrying the P380 mostly since then and it has always been my around the house and Dr. visit pitol.

I've been cleaning it more often because I rely on it more. I've been having a problem with rust... from the slide lock pin and spring area, aswell as the front and rear of the recoil assembly. I got my P380 new 1 April 2010... had a night-sighted one on order for 11 months!

I've put well over 200 +P rounds through the pistol and maybe a few thousand FMJ, too. I started out with 90-grain Gold Dots by Buffalo Bore and when they started using a different bullet, I switched to Underwood's 90-gr +P GD's at 1,200 fps.

I've never had a problem with my pistol, though the +P rounds ARE brutal... like .357 Magnums in a 2" snubbie!

Anyhow, back to the rust. I use Tetra oil and grease and I 'm still getting rust buildup, so I just ordered Lakeline's stainless guide rod, and while there I looked at the striker again and decided to get one of those as well because of the most robust design. I've had no problems with the original and I did put the lighter Wolff striker spring in it many years ago.

Since this has become my EDC until my pants get a little more room for the larger pistol, I thought I would get a few nagging concerns, or possible ones, taken care of. Next, I'll look for a replacement defense round... standard pressure... since my impact point has moved away from where I would like it with the +P ammo. Standard FMJ is okay for me. I'll see what Underwood has for defense... maybe even the +P with another bullet.

Wynn
    Good post. I am on a constant quest for SD for my P380. Mine seems to dislike anything +P, and any unusual bullet shapes seem to hang it up, too. I recently tried the Underwood Extreme Defense, ARX Inceptor, and Fort Scott Munitions, and none of those got through a single magazine without a failure to feed.

Mine seems to like any of the standard horsepower XTP rounds (although not Fiocchi), and it also eats the Hornady Critical Defense rounds like candy.

I really can't complain, since I've got an awesome little gun that shoots a handful of decent ammos. But I'm always on the hunt for the "perfect" SD round, especially if I'm relying on a relatively tame caliber like .380.

From my Kahr Arms Nation on Facebook:

Last December as I was dressing to start our 3-week-long holiday travels, I found that my pants had shrunk! My P40 and Crossbreed Minituck just wouldn't fit comfortably IWB! So I got my P380 and its Minituck and have been using the P380 as my EDC. I always wear it around the house, though other pistols are conveniently available. I started paying more attention to it and cleaning it a bit more. There was rust buildup around the slide lock pin and spring and a bunch at the rear and front of the recoil assembly guide rod. After cleaning that several times and seeing the rust return, I ordered a Lakeline stainless steel guide rod and while at the site, I checked out the striker Al designed. It's definitely more robust and though I haven't had a problem with mine, I decided to get one of those, too.
    I got those yesterday after about 4 days, I think. I put them in and took pictures of the parts for comparison. As I look at the striker, I'm SO GLAD that I did. The front inside of the original striker is very battered and I think that it would have eventually failed. I didn't take a picture of the guide rod protruding a bit more from the slide, but I think it does. That's not a biggy, though.
    The old striker is on the bottom and the new guide rod is at the top of the photo.
    I hope to lose a few pounds so that I can carry my P40 with the ported barrel again, but I gained a few pounds with the anti-testosterone shot I got a year ago before radiation treatment for prostate cancer... successful... and that's my story, but eating nuts... too many Macadamias, Brazil, and walnuts contributed quite a bit. My "T" is still low, but I see the doctor soon and he should address that.

Anyhow, I have peace of mind now that I've addressed some problems and possible problems with my P380. I waited 11 months for a night-sighted one and got it 1 April 2010! It's a very handy pistol and I really like it for doctors' appointments when I have to disrobe. On those occasions, I just put it in an Uncle Mike soft IWB holster which is easily transferred from IWB to in-pocket for max concealment.
    Thanks to Al at Lakeline for the upgrades!

Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Yesterday, I got out a few pair of my once too large shorts... 36" and my 36" Looper Kydex-Reinforced gun belt. I carried my P40 for the first time in maybe a year! There's plenty of room in my 36" pants, but not so much in my 34" ones... with a pistol and magazine stuffed in there, too. :-D I have plenty of larger shorts... even some new ones. I'll have to check on jeans, though, for this Winter trip coming up. I usually have to switch to jeans by Amarillo with the cold and wind out there. JAX, FL, to Durango area.

Thomas Jefferson said

and