Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polishing AMT Update

It’s the getting started part that is the toughest I think. Kind of like going to the gym, or starting an exercise regiment. Once I get going on it each time I kind of get tunnel vision. It may be a good stress reliever, as long as things go as planned and I don’t break stuff, or ruin it by getting careless.

Ixti and Armybrat: Thanks for the positive comments! : )

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    It’s the getting started part that is the toughest I think. Kind of like going to the gym, or starting an exercise regiment. Once I get going on it each time I kind of get tunnel vision. It may be a good stress reliever, as long as things go as planned and I don’t break stuff, or ruin it by getting careless.

Ixti and Armybrat: Thanks for the positive comments! : )

Yep! For sure, And my own polishing story this brought back to mind....

When my sister and BIL/cousin had their house burn down a bit over three years ago they their quality stainless, "heirloom" flatware got seriously cooked. Baked on crud you could hardly imagine. And it was no longer in production replaceable. I "stole" the whole well over 100 recovered pieces from their fire created pile of stuff from out behind their fire spared outbuilding barn over my next couple of visits and cleaned up and mirror finish polished it. It took me the entire summer. Sent it back to them in five installments which I cover lettered "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" It was a great psychological boost for them, which they desperately needed, and the set now resides in the "new" house they built from the ground up...a 95% replica of the one that burned down.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Yep! For sure, And my own polishing story this brought back to mind....

When my sister and BIL/cousin had their house burn down a bit over three years ago they their quality stainless, "heirloom" flatware got seriously cooked. Baked on crud you could hardly imagine. And it was no longer in production replaceable. I "stole" the whole well over 100 recovered pieces from their fire created pile of stuff from out behind their fire spared outbuilding barn over my next couple of visits and cleaned up and mirror finish polished it. It took me the entire summer. Sent it back to them in five installments which I cover lettered "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" It was a great psychological boost for them, which they desperately needed, and the set now resides in the "new" house they built from the ground up...a 95% replica of the one that burned down.
    Wow, that sure was incredibly selfless of you to do that! I guess you have a few hundred hours of polishing experience over me. Lol, very cool story!!!

Way to go birdman!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Wow, that sure was incredibly selfless of you to do that! I guess you have a few hundred hours of polishing experience over me. Lol, very cool story!!!
    Mebbe now I do, but not back when I started that project. Back then my experience was limited to a fair bit of smaller piece work on guns and a few other things. Nothing like jumping into water over your head to quick learn teach you swim.
    NRA Benefactor