Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shot the P365 and the CZ Rami today....

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    ... I have others that are more than adequate to fill the same role and of comparable size and capacity
    Because life is too short for adequate.

RAMI5.jpg

Damn, looks even more bawanna with the wood grips, that sings.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Now that was downright cruel.

Nice gun though, dang it.

Light Bulb Guns are like potato chips

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    You never know when you'll need a backup for your first Rami. It might need a repair or something, or Bawanna might borrow it. Best to have a second one just in case.
    +1
    This is how I usually rationalize a second gun
    It's mostly a total lie, I've got plenty of backup guns - LOL!

But when a really like a particular gun? I seem to find ways to have two of them

2 Sig P229 357s
    2 Hk P2000 357s
    2 Ruger LC9s Pro 9mms
    3 Sig P220 45s

Hmmm. A K9 is 6" x 4.5" x 0.9" (L x H x W), all steel, with a 3.5" polygonal barrel and a 7 + 1 CC capacity.

A CZ 2075 Rami BD is 6.5" x 4.7" x 1.25", steel + Al, with a 3" barrel and 10 + 1 CC capacity (per https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-2075-r...ts-14-rd-mags/).

Each weighs ~25 oz empty, with empty mag.

So, the advantages of the CZ over the Kahr are its greater carry capacity and its re-strike capability (being hammer-fired).

And the advantages of the Kahr over the CZ are its consistent DAO-striker trigger pull, longer barrel in a lengthwise-shorter platform, polygonal barrel, thinner profile, and all-steel construction.

Did I miss anything? Are there warranty differences?

rx7sig
    Last edited by rx7sig; 06-15-2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Corrected "SAO" to read "DAO".

An HK P2000SK in 9mm is 6.4" long, 5" tall (in 13+1 config), 1.125" thick, and 25oz empty, again with a 13rd mag. It can also be set up with 10rd and 15rd mags. In V3 configuration it is DA/SA and the SA trigger is very crisp. In either of the LEM variants it is a light or lighter trigger DAO gun. The P2000 adds a little less than a half inch in length and one eighth inch in height, and in .40 (12+1) is roughly the same weight as the 13+1 in 9mm. So, both are more than adequate, very reliable, and easily concealed.

Still though, I wish I had been able to find the Rami when I was in the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7sig View Post
    Hmmm. A K9 is 6" x 4.5" x 0.9" (L x H x W), all steel, with a 3.5" polygonal barrel and a 7 + 1 CC capacity.

A CZ 2075 Rami BD is 6.5" x 4.7" x 1.25", steel + Al, with a 3" barrel and 10 + 1 CC capacity (per https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-2075-r...ts-14-rd-mags/).

Each weighs ~25 oz empty, with empty mag.

So, the advantages of the CZ over the Kahr are its greater carry capacity and its re-strike capability (being hammer-fired).

And the advantages of the Kahr over the CZ are its consistent SAO-striker trigger pull, longer barrel in a lengthwise-shorter platform, polygonal barrel, thinner profile, and all-steel construction.

Did I miss anything? Are there warranty differences?

rx7sig
    Thats about it. CZ warranty is 5 years I believe. Also I think the Rami is a little cheaper. The CZ responds well to trigger work for those who like to do that kind of stuff, while my Kahrs are smooth from the get go. You can’t beat a Kahrs thinness. I’d still like a K9 one day I think. Matter of fact there is a gun show today. I think I need to go...
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    You never know when you'll need a backup for your first Rami. It might need a repair or something, or Bawanna might borrow it. Best to have a second one just in case.
    That is exactly how I wound up with a second P365. I am afraid to shoot any CZ offerings. Everyone raves about them and I am oled and I really do not want to start another collection area in my safe.
    I do have a lady friend with a Rami that she may be willing to sell. Hummm, one mag couldn't hurt could it?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I have a new Sig P365 and a Sig P320 X-Carry in 9mm. Both are remarkable pistols.

Kahr could do itself a favor by studying the P365.

Well, when you miss a buy you wanted, then for condolence go to a gun show, you buy a rebound purchase. I’d post a picture but Postimage has now blocked me for “terms of service” something or other.

Anyway, I actually had been considering a G43x for a while because I liked the slim frame and full grip idea w/ 10 rounds. Found one at a good enough price that it was basically tax free, no shipping, no Xfer fee. So I got it. I’ll post a review when I get to shoot it. If it shoots well I have a couple of other single stacks to sell to pay for it and buy a case of ammo.

Now im up to 2 glocks again.....
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/