Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting high with my new-to-me PM9

Default Shooting high with my new-to-me PM9

At least with Blazer 115 gr I ‘m consistently hitting 3-4 inches high when I center my front sight on the bullseye. When I use a VERY low 6 o’clock hold I hit the center.

Good groupings, just too high. Nice little gun, also.

Anyone know a supplier who carries taller front sights?

Before you swap sights, you might want to try 124 gr ball ammo.

If that doesn't help, the folks at Dawson Precision might be able to help you out.

Good luck.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Before you swap sights, you might want to try 124 gr ball ammo.

If that doesn't help, the folks at Dawson Precision might be able to help you out.

Good luck.....
    Thanks, it's worth a try. Also need to run some JHP through it.

Curious how the height of the factory sights compares with the DP sights, even some increment may make a big difference.
    Last edited by Noway; 06-16-2019 at 07:15 AM.

I think they have different height sights.

If you find you're say 3" high consistently, they'll suggest the correct size for you.

Those folks are really good at this type of thing.

A phone call is probably a good idea.

Yes. Was out to the range again today, shooting 115, 135 +P and 147 and no real difference among them (aside from +P recoil). Wondering if the former owner didn't change out the front sight at one point...

I replaced the stock front sight on my PM9 with a Kahr stock Night Sight. It too shoots high, but not as high as yours, out of all of my Kahrs it is the only one that requires a 6 o'clock hold. All the others are spot on. Does your PM9 had standard or night sights? (Mine is the old style slide, wonder if that's a factor?)
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I replaced the stock front sight on my PM9 with a Kahr stock Night Sight. It too shoots high, but not as high as yours, out of all of my Kahrs it is the only one that requires a 6 o'clock hold. All the others are spot on. Does your PM9 had standard or night sights? (Mine is the old style slide, wonder if that's a factor?)
    Factory sights, on the rear at least. I assume the front sights are factory too.

Perhaps your pushing down with heel of shooting hand, very small gun, we tend to grip tight and anticipate recoil on a 14 oz gun. Just a thought before spending dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Perhaps your pushing down with heel of shooting hand, very small gun, we tend to grip tight and anticipate recoil on a 14 oz gun. Just a thought before spending dollars.
    Thanks. I'll check that next time at the range, but on two sessions shooting a variety of ammunition the offset has been virtually identical. I've never had this issue before with any handgun I can think of, including not a few 9x18s that kicked like the dickens.