Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shooting high with my new-to-me PM9

You didn't say at what distance you are shooting. Distance will have a major effect of POI.
    I shoot most of my SD guns at 30-50' figuring that is most likely the distance they will be needed. Personally I like my guns to have a POA just below the POI as it allows me to see the intended target better. All my "target guns" have their sights set to allow me to see the entire black of a standard bullseye target as opposed to covering half of it with the front sight.
    Assuming you are shooting at say 30', why worry about having the sights align perfectly POA=POI?
    BTW increasing the wt. of the bullet usually results in a higher POI at 50'.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Installed the TFO sights, but the front sight base does not sit flush on the slide in the dovetail. For some reason it has positioned itself about 1/2 mm up so there's daylight visible between the sight base and the dovetail floor. The sight itself is clearing the slide by about 1mm, so it's not like it's hung up there. Puzzling. By rights the sight should be sliding down into the wider part of the cut on its own, but it seems to have settled into this weird elevated position. I'm betting it will pop out when I start sending rounds.

I'll have to try to take a photo...

TFOs were a no-go as the front sight did work out of position when I shot it. Groan. I have replaced beaucoup sights in my day, but never as problematic as with this gun...

I wonder if it will set down where it’s supposed to if you file some material off of the bottom.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm