CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: .380 ACP Pocket Pistol Roundup Review (CW380)

Default .380 ACP Pocket Pistol Roundup Review (CW380)

Lucky Gunner Ammo

He rates the CW380 2nd behind the Glock 42.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVDSzIKOQk

Thanks for that post. To me the Kahr beats the Glock on trigger alone.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I’ve never fired a G42 but given its size I’m not surprised it’s a soft shooter. Based on the specs, it’s bigger than a CM9. Too big for regular pocket carry for me.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    He rates the CW380 2nd behind the Glock 42.
    Makes sense to me, since the G42 is my EDC, and the CW380 is my 2nd choice when I want a really small, concealable handgun.

I have the CW380 Tungsten with Kahr night sights. It had a serious FTE/FTF problem at first. I polished the feed ramp and basically have eliminated 90% of the problems. This gun is so small/lightweight that I can carry it on UA/Nike coaches shorts with a Vedder kydex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like Lucky Gunner but I most definitely do not agree with him on a lot of things. And his round up's are just opinion. He rates the Glock 42 above the Khar in 380? Give me a break, the Glock is a Micro 9mm size. I have a CM9 which is actually shorter, and the close to the Glock in size and weight. Why would I get a 380 that size when I could get a mild shooting 9mm? Sorry Lucky, cannot buy that one. For 380, I will use the small caliber for a pocket gun size EDC. The Kahr and the Beretta Pico are top of the line. And both are mild, shoot extremely well, and very well made with high Quality. The Kahr CM9 weight 15.9 oz and the Glock 13.76 oz. Higher ammo cost, same size etc. Unless you have a serious recoil issue, there is no reason to get the Glock 380.And least not for the same reason you would a Kahr or Beretta. Really not even comparing apples to apples.
    Compare the Glock 42 to the CM9 and then you are at least comparing similar guns.

As everyone here knows, I'm a big Kahr fan, own a P380 a MK9, and have previously owned a PM9 and a CM9. But I need to stick up for the Glock here.

First of all, it's a Glock...which means it's durable, reliable, and endlessly customizable. Secondly, if, like me, you primarily carry IWB, then the size differences amongst the pistols mentioned are a bit less crucial. Also, what's been missing from the mention of the micro-9mms is the weight differential. I know everyone is different, but for light clothing days when I can't wear a gun belt--or maybe not a belt at all--the difference between a 17-plus ounce pistol and a 13-plus ounce pistol is significant...so much so that the Glock 42 (which I have sold) could be slipped into the waistband of, say, jogging pants when that just wasn't feasible for any of the 9mm pistols I owned.

Also, I think those who haven't tried the Glock are underestimating just how softly this gun shoots. My P380 is a great shooter, and the Pico and RM380 are very soft shooters, too. But the G42 feels like .22, even when shooting the hotter SD ammo. And this isn't just for range comfort...the Glock is formidable for double-tap or multi-tap engagements, staying flat and on target. Plus the trigger is perfect for that application.

I'm not asking anyone to love the Glock, or prefer it over the Kahr...I'm just saying that it certainly has enough assets that someone could reasonable favor it over the Kahr or other rivals.
    Last edited by boscobarbell; 07-07-2019 at 10:24 PM.