CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kahr S9 vs Kahr P9 ???

Well I pulled the trigger and purchased a Kahr S9. I think the front serrations and picatinny rail actually make it a better looking gun than the P9 and with the better engraving, significantly better looking than the CW9. I'm pretty excited and hoping it arrives before the weekend. I used the savings over the P9 to purchase ammo.

God Bless,
    Ralph

Congratulations. My experience with the S9 has been completely positive. Compared to my TP9, the S9 has better engraving, triggers are the same and the action is as smooth or maybe a touch better. The only difference is the rifling. Personally I prefer polygonal because it cleans up easier and should last longer, but I shoot both types and can tell no other difference in accuracy or recoil... the factors that really count. Enjoy your new Kahr.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Congratulations!

I chose the P9 over the S9 last year when Grab a Gun had them for $385 with night sights.

I prefer the milling on the P9 slide and don’t care for the serial number tag on the grip of the S9 although truth be told I would cover it with a grip sleeve anyway.

Last edited by DavidR; 06-25-2019 at 02:10 PM.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Thanks guys.

That's a heck of a deal on the P9 David. The best I could find on one was $400.00 and it was used. Anyhow, I felt good about getting a brand new S9 for $322.00 from Dahlonega Armory. They always have excellent prices on firearms but $385.00 for a P9 is super.

Yes, the only thing I do not like about the S9 is the serial number tag on the handle. I think I will just learn to ignore it because it's still a great looking gun. Mine should arrive on Thursday so I will be shooting it this weekend.

Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph III; 06-26-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Ok, the Kahr S9 pistol arrived today and I am immediately baffled.

1. It only shipped with one magazine? The foam molding within the Kahr box has the cuts for a second magazine but no magazine. It's as if someone forgot to remove the foam cutout and include the magazine?

The Kahr website clearly advertises that it ships with two 7rd magazines?

2. It came with the single dot rear sight? It is supposed to ship with the "Drift adjustable white Two-dot rear sight" again as advertise.

Anyhow, I will be contacting them in regards.

In one very good note. I emailed Kahr Customer Service to see if they could extend the $45.00 rebate that ended last month and they stated that they would do so for me. So that is very nice. Trade that in on some nights sights?

Thanks,
    Ralph

That sounds more like a CW9. One mag and bar dot sights.

Yes but it is clearly a S9. I would upload some images but not sure how to.

Ralph

Who did you purchase it from?

Dahlonega Armory (aka Dahlonega Gold and Pawn) in Dahlonega, Georgia. They have the best prices of anyone that I know of. They don't actually stock the guns purchased online, the guns ship directly from one of the numerous wholesalers they use. They simply make a small percentage from the sale. My gun shipped out of Shrevport, La.

I have purchased numerous guns from then as have several friends with never an issue. I have contacted Kahr about it and awaiting a reply.

God Bless,
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post
    Ok, the Kahr S9 pistol arrived today and I am immediately baffled.

1. It only shipped with one magazine? The foam molding within the Kahr box has the cuts for a second magazine but no magazine. It's as if someone forgot to remove the foam cutout and include the magazine?

The Kahr website clearly advertises that it ships with two 7rd magazines?

2. It came with the single dot rear sight? It is supposed to ship with the "Drift adjustable white Two-dot rear sight" again as advertise.

Anyhow, I will be contacting them in regards.

In one very good note. I emailed Kahr Customer Service to see if they could extend the $45.00 rebate that ended last month and they stated that they would do so for me. So that is very nice. Trade that in on some nights sights?

Thanks,
    Ralph
    Exact same thing happened to me. Did you get it from Davidsons?

In any case, I wrote Kahr and they shipped me the other magazine and rear sight. Had to send them photos of the receipt, box (with foam), S/N tag and the rear sight.

Took about 10 days total. Tag Christina at service@kahr.com