Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kahr S9 vs Kahr P9 ???

Quote Originally Posted by IDisposable View Post
    Exact same thing happened to me. Did you get it from Davidsons?

In any case, I wrote Kahr and they shipped me the other magazine and rear sight. Had to send them photos of the receipt, box (with foam), S/N tag and the rear sight.

Took about 10 days total. Tag Christina at service@kahr.com
    No, I purchased my Kahr from Dahlonega Armory out of Georgia. They use a drop ship service, so the firearm actually ships directly from a wholesaler. Shipping records show my firearm came out of Shrevport, La.

In any case, I spoke with Kahr customer service today and they are going to ship my extra magazine to me. They are also going to include a shipping label so I can ship my slide back to them so that the proper sight can be installed. I am going to look into having a night sight installed on the front and would like fiber optics for the rear. If the fiber optics rear sights are to large I will just stick with the standard rear sights and add a night sight for the front.

Kahr Customer service has been exceptional, btw.

Ralph

Yeah, they were great for me too... I ended up getting the night sights from them, the front was easy to install...but the back took a lot of finesse. Both were extremely dim. I think they're just old, should have sent them to Trijicon for returning first.

Quote Originally Posted by IDisposable View Post
    Yeah, they were great for me too... I ended up getting the night sights from them, the front was easy to install...but the back took a lot of finesse. Both were extremely dim. I think they're just old, should have sent them to Trijicon for returning first.
    Thanks IDisposable! I am going to start another thread on sights alone so I would like your input. I may consider the combination fiber optic/night sight but will have to raise some funds first. I don't want to upset my better half by spending too much right off the bat on a new gun.

God Bless,
    Ralph

UPDATE TO THREAD

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to update the thread as I was able to shoot my Kahr S9 yesterday. It performed exactly as I desired in a pistol, very sweet! It's a keeper for sure.

Anyhow, here are my impression of the Kahr S9.

1. It is a good looking gun.

2. It feels good in the hand and a very nice weight for a ccw.

3. It is an excellent size for a ccw. The gun actually seems more like a full size than a smaller ccw to me, which is a good thing. It however will conceal very well, especially given it is only .90in. wide.

4. Recoil was excellent. It jumps slightly more than my Bersa Bp9cc but only slightly. That is impressive considering it is smaller and quite a bit lighter than the Bersa.

5. The gun is highly accurate! Keep in mind, I had never shot a Kahr nor a gun with bar-dot sights as mine mistakenly arrived with. So I was really happy with my results on my first outing. All shots are free hand and one take so I didn't cherry pick results. The makeshift bullseye on the board targets is right at 2in.

**At 15 ft my 7 shot grouping was 2in. These were my first shots and I wasn't sure exactly how to aim with the bar-dots. The lower right shot was a pulled shot, btw. I considered this an excellent start to the range session.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

**At 20 ft my 14 shot grouping was about 2 1/4 in.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

**At 50 ft my 7 shot grouping was 3 in. Oddly, I was pulling those to the right but again I was trying to figure out the bar-dot sights. No matter, consistency/groupings is all I was interested in. This got me real excited because my groupings with my Bp9cc was extremely poor at around 14 in or so, if lucky. This type grouping is comparable to what I get with my Bersa Thunder 380's in single action mode. I was stoked at this point.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

**At 90 ft my 7 shot grouping was 6 1/2 in on the silhouette target. I shoot from that distance on occasion mostly for kicks and giggles but also for precision purposes. It tells me a lot about a gun and it makes the bullseye from 20ft and 30ft seem basketball size. So it generates a lot of confidence when you step up to shorter distances. I always practiced with my compound bow in this manner.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

6. Rapid fire and quick fire at 15ft was excellent as well, the gun points well. This was one of my major concerns with the longer Kahr trigger pull but I had absolutely no issues with it at all! I could shoot it as quickly as I desired and it remained on target. My results with rapid/quick fire was impressive because I expected it to be slower but it wasn't at all. I also never had an issue with trigger reset. My Kahr S9 pull weight is about 6.25lbs.

7. I ran about 100 rds through it yesterday using Fiocchi FMJ 115gr and American Eagle FMJ 115. In all those rounds, I only had two shots that I'd consider trigger jerks. Even with those two flyers they were still within inches of where I was aiming.

All in all, I was extremely pleased. I plan on adding some three dot night sights and I may install the Galloway spring kit in order to get the pull weight around 5lbs.

God Bless,
    Ralph

That's good shooting. Glad it's working out for you.

I tried my new S9 out with a green laser last Friday and was quite please with the results. My old eyes appreciate that bright green dot. I've been using Fiocchi, S&B and WWB 115gr, so far with no problems after about 250 rounds.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post
    UPDATE TO THREAD Hello everyone! I just wanted to update the thread as I was able to shoot my Kahr S9 yesterday...
    @Ralph III:

Next, give the K9 a try.

rx7sig

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I chose the P9 over the S9 last year when Grab a Gun had them for $385 with night sights.
    Black Friday sale?

Right now the P9 w/ night sights is $200 more.

No, just a sale. It was listed at that unprecedented great price for about a month but I hemmed & hawed a bit too long and missed it.

Every once in a while GaG runs a Kahr at a vastly reduced price just what fer. About a year after I bought my CT380 at a very good price of $280, they went on sale for $220.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Finally settling in with my S9. Quick (but aimed) 8 rounds at 20 feet at the end of range time.

Why is there always a flier?

That's excellent shooting IDisposable!

Yes, I will produce an excellent grouping and then have the same occasional type flyer. For me it is simply a momentary loss of concentration. You tend to get tired holding your arms up for a long run (full magazine) and begin to rush slightly; so loss of concentration and form. When I experience such a flyer I will simply perform a reset and then begin the process over insuring to focus on the target and execute smooth trigger pull.

Good luck,
    Ralph