Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been over 6 months since the MK9 got out

Default It's been over 6 months since the MK9 got out

I have too many pistols and not enough time to shoot all of them. I know, what a problem, right? Yesterday was the MK9's turn in the rotation, and the darned little thing impresses me every time. Buddy brought his new G19X, a Beretta 92 in .40 S&W, and a Kimber 1911. I brought my G17L, my new/old S&W 4516, and my MK9. So the MK9 was a dwarf in a land of giants yesterday. It is JUST as accurate as the full sized pistols, and is an absolute joy to shoot. It surprises me every time I shoot it, because it really shouldn't be a tack driver, being a 9mm the size of a PPK/S, but it is. I have no problem hitting bullet hole cover stickers at 10 yards with that tiny pistol. The trigger is fantastic(being able to lubricate the trigger bar is a benefit to the steel Kahrs. It can be done on the polymer guns, but removing grips is more convenient than removing a blowout plate), recoil is negligible, and it's JUST SO PRETTY.

I should really carry the thing, but I live in Florida, and I'd rather not sweat all over my handsome little pistol.

It is a shooter, though. It was the equal of everything I shot yesterday, despite being less than half the size of them.

MK9target.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I should really carry the thing, but I live in Florida, and I'd rather not sweat all over my handsome little pistol.
    Have you considered an Urban Carry G2 holster? They completely cover it while stowed. Love mine.... You would likely need a "Cadet" size https://urbancarryholsters.com/urban...-build-g2.html

Quote Originally Posted by IDisposable View Post
    Have you considered an Urban Carry G2 holster? They completely cover it while stowed. Love mine.... You would likely need a "Cadet" size https://urbancarryholsters.com/urban...-build-g2.html
    Have you taken any classes and shown up with your Urban Carry? I've never seen anyone----anyone----recommend the Urban Carry as a legit carry option.

I have been to private carry classes with it, yes. People give me odd looks, sure...

I used to use a standard soft-suede IWB and I'm honestly quite a bit more comfortable carrying and actually quicker. Clearing the shirt is exactly the same motion as pulling up the gun and I have never had issues. It took about a week to feel comfortable with the motion but practice makes perfect.

I cannot use a OWB in my carry situations, it has to be completely unprintable given where I carry.

Quote Originally Posted by IDisposable View Post
    I have been to private carry classes with it, yes. People give me odd looks, sure...

I used to use a standard soft-suede IWB and I'm honestly quite a bit more comfortable carrying and actually quicker. Clearing the shirt is exactly the same motion as pulling up the gun and I have never had issues. It took about a week to feel comfortable with the motion but practice makes perfect.

I cannot use a OWB in my carry situations, it has to be completely unprintable given where I carry.
    Good luck to you.

My MK9 is too.

I took my MK9 out today after reading your post to see how mine shot after a year in the safe because I've been shooting my Sig P365. I didn't do nearly as well as you and I remembered why it was a safe queen. I couldn't rack the slide with a full mag in it, ( I am a senior), had to take one out and still had to use both hands with a glove to get the first round into the chamber. So, back to the safe it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    I took my MK9 out today after reading your post to see how mine shot after a year in the safe because I've been shooting my Sig P365. I didn't do nearly as well as you and I remembered why it was a safe queen. I couldn't rack the slide with a full mag in it, ( I am a senior), had to take one out and still had to use both hands with a glove to get the first round into the chamber. So, back to the safe it went.
    Why not trade it out for something you’ll love? Sounds like you have no love for the MK?

I already have one I love, it's the P365. What I like about the MK9 is the appearance with the wood grips on it and it is an eliet03 with night sights. Loading the chamber with the slide locked back is not a problem, I just have to make sure it has 1 in the chamber before I holster it for carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    I already have one I love, it's the P365. What I like about the MK9 is the appearance with the wood grips on it and it is an eliet03 with night sights. Loading the chamber with the slide locked back is not a problem, I just have to make sure it has 1 in the chamber before I holster it for carry.
    I also carry the P365, so understand your saying that. I also love the MK for it’s sexy lines. Mine does not get/has not been shot much either. If it wasn’t for my strong desire to polish it one day (it’s not an elite) I may have traded it out by now. If they don’t get carried, or see regular range duty, I would usually trade them out for something that would get used, but the MK and K that I have are sticking around just because they are so sexy! So, I also understand why yours is staying with you. Hard to part with a metal Kahr!