Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Fiber Optic/Night Sight suggestions and opinions????

Default Fiber Optic/Night Sight suggestions and opinions????

Hello Everyone,
    I would like to add some night sights to my Kahr S9 and would like your input. What is your experience and do you consider one better than the others? I see Kahr lists Truglow, Trijicon and Meprolight as compatible.

Criteria:

1. I prefer a combination fiber optic/night sight set; however, if you feel there is a good set of night sights that are also highly visible during the daylight then I would consider that also. Keep in mind, I like the three dot stock sights but would like some sight(s) that are visible at night.

2. I do not want sights which are overly large like you see most fiber optic. So if a set of night sights are quite a bit smaller then a combination set of fiber optic/night sights; then I will go with the night sights alone.

3. I would consider installing just a single night sight for the front and keeping the stock two dot rear sights if you feel that is a good option as well.

Your recommendations are appreciated.

God Bless,
    Ralph

I like the Truglo Tritium PROS better than the TFX PROS. The TFX are the fiber optic combination. On a small pistol like I carry, the amount of sight radius taken up by the fiber is too much for me. The Tritium PROS, with the white dot, are easy to pick up for me, and they are quick to sight. I'm old, with eyes getting worse all the time. I don't favor the Meprolight and find them harder to pickup. The Trijicon sights work pretty well for me too, they just seem to cost more than the Truglos for no better performance.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

I just installed a set of TruGlo Tritium PROS on my wife’s M&P Bodyguard. It made a huge difference. The TruGlo dots can clearly be seen at night, but are not too large. In the daytime, the front sight has a white ring around it that is similar to the standard size XS Sights. Very visible, but not too large. Just right.

-Wlf

I appreciate the input and it is helpful!

The Tritium Pros is what I was considering foremost because I like the circle on the front sight.

1. Did y'all get the white circle or the orange circle front sight?
    2. Do you like the rear sights because they seem somewhat dim/dull for daylight shooting?
    3. Do you think the Kahr stock rear sights would be fine matched with a Tritium Pro front sight and is it possible to just get the front sight?

Thanks,
    Ralph

I didn't even look, just assumed it had a dovetail front sight. Thanks Greg!!
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

It's a new style slide. The back sight is a dovetail but the front sight is a pin-in style sight. How much would it cost to have a dovetail cut out for the front sight? Would such void my warranty?

Let me throw this at y'all. My P9 mistakenly arrived with bar-dot sights on it. I've never owned a pistol with such but I am kinda digging them because it allows for very quick sight alignment especially with both eyes open. I plan on shooting the Kahr this weekend so that will be the real test as to whether I actually prefer the bar-dots.

The reason I am inquiring is because XS Sight Systems (very nice) makes bar dot night sights for the Kahr but it must have a dovetail cut out for the front sight also. Otherwise, are there any bar-dot night sights that will fit the S9 without such a modification?

That would be a consideration, as long as the bar-dot sights can be as accurate as the three dot sights at distance. If they are not as precise at distance shooting then it's not a consideration for me.

Thanks,
    Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph III; 06-29-2019 at 09:21 PM.