CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galloway Precision has a "quick sear" in prototype, and are designing a trigger

Default Galloway Precision has a "quick sear" in prototype, and are designing a trigger

I happen to love the stock Kahr trigger, and don't want anything different----but this is addressing a major complaint consumers seem to have with the Kahr design. Galloway calls it a "game changer"---and that may be a bit hyperbolic---but this will find a market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUM...H5brUmiTeBPpCo

Replacing a Kahr sear isn't all that difficult. Doing a trigger seems like a big pain in the butt.

While it might make for a “nice” trigger, to me it’s fixing something that ain’t broke. I’d consider it different, not better.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I agree with John, this really doesn't do anything to improve your Kahr other than maybe make it a little scarier to pocket carry.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I don’t think I want a shorter pull in my CM9.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Yep me too. The stock trigger is the main reason I bought a Kahr. I am not one to buy a firearm and put a lot of customized items on it as I buy what I like to begin with. Now I may add a new sight or grips, but to change a trigger or a spring to get a 1 lb less trigger pull....not for me. When I bought my first CZ and joined the CZ Forum I just read and read in disbelief people spending $600-$700 on a new CZ....and sending it to CajunGunWorks or CZ Custom for another $600 worth of customizing.....without even shooting 1 rd thru the firearm. But not my money....like.. not my circus...not my monkey!

I'm with you on this one...………...spring changes and sight changes are pretty reasonable price wise, but some of the stuff you see...……………………………………………………………..if you try to sell the firearm for whatever reason, you'll never recoup any expense.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post

This!

A long smooth trigger pull is not a problem, it is a feature. I chose the Kahr platform for every day concealed carry because of size, simplicity (no safety, no magazine disconnect, etc.) and most of all a long smooth trigger pull. Other than IDPA / GADPA (shoot what you carry), I have never used my P380 or CM9 for range guns and don't think of them that way.

Galloway Precision makes some nice stuff, but I think they are barking up the wrong tree with a short pull trigger system for pistols that are clearly designed and marketed for concealed carry.

the trigger pull on my Kahr has to be one of the best DA pulls for any firearm i've owned - very smooth, i did install a 5 lbs spring from Wolf - didn't see a need for that even though i did it - very smooth trigger pull, no grit, can't ask for anything more than what i got

if Magguts ever gets the hardware to turn my 6 round magazine into a 7 round i'll buy into that - or make my 7 round an 8 round

8+1 with a small pocket type carry firearm is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by balddog05 View Post
    the trigger pull on my Kahr has to be one of the best DA pulls for any firearm i've owned - very smooth, i did install a 5 lbs spring from Wolf - didn't see a need for that even though i did it - very smooth trigger pull, no grit, can't ask for anything more than what i got

if Magguts ever gets the hardware to turn my 6 round magazine into a 7 round i'll buy into that - or make my 7 round an 8 round

8+1 with a small pocket type carry firearm is pretty good
    I am very leery about depending on MagGuts in my carry pistol, TBH. I would much rather just carry either the Kahr factory extended magazine, or, better yet, carry a K9 or a T9 mag as a spare. MagGuts looks like they took the most complicated route possible to achieve one extra round.

I also like the Kahr trigger----and the Galloway product isn't going to be for me---but a shorter trigger is apparently desired by some people. I think if Kahr had been able to figure out the Gen 2 triggers they would have improved sales a lot, but they couldn't so they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I am very leery about depending on MagGuts in my carry pistol, TBH. I would much rather just carry either the Kahr factory extended magazine, or, better yet, carry a K9 or a T9 mag as a spare. MagGuts looks like they took the most complicated route possible to achieve one extra round.
    I agree with you on the Magguts 2 spring design, although many on this site have had good experience with it.

They have a newer single spring design for the S&W Shield that is less complicated. I’m hoping that if they ever come out with a 9mm Kahr product it will be the single spring design.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.