Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone own this single stack magazine speedloader

Default anyone own this single stack magazine speedloader

i have about 6 magazines for my Kahr CM9 - i also have arthritis in my finger joints and wrist
    im looking for an alternative way of loading my magazines and saw this type of thumbless speedloader
    im wondering if anyone has this one or if they've used it before - interested in pro and cons if you have

thnx - not sure how to link it up with the forum YouTube function

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuFBZ3YW56E

As far as I am concerned, the UpLula loader is the one to use, there are several sizes to chose from! If you can't find one at your local sporting goods store Midway USA or Brownells will have them! The are well worth the money!!

I have two of the 9mm to .45 size and they work just fine with my single stack Kahr mags as well as my double stack Glock mags
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Quote Originally Posted by leftysixty View Post
    As far as I am concerned, the UpLula loader is the one to use, there are several sizes to chose from! If you can't find one at your local sporting goods store Midway USA or Brownells will have them! The are well worth the money!!

I have two of the 9mm to .45 size and they work just fine with my single stack Kahr mags as well as my double stack Glock mags
    i have 2 Uplula's - both work exceptional well with my double stack magazines and i can even navigate it with my single stacks if i line everything up correctly - the constant opening and closing of the Uplula unit does get painful for my thumb and finger joints - im interested in an alternative, this thumbless loader may or may not do the trick

hoping someones tried it before

thx for the quick reply lefty

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Uplula can't be beat, but this is still better than nothing, thumbs up from me!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I vastly prefer the ETS Cam Elite Tactical Systems ETS CAM Speed Loader for 9mm .40 S&W Magazines ETSCAM-9-40 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074Q22SQG/

Slide the magazine into the bottom, scoop up 6, 7, or 8 rounds (as appropriate for magazine), put on the slider and press down. No stress on anything.

I do recommend a little lube on the ramp at the bottom to ease the loading. With about 10 uses, you'll be as fast as these videos show.

https://youtu.be/XpDDOfxJLfY

Hadn't seen that one before. Looks like it works pretty slick.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Uplula all the way.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I've tried many loaders and always return to the one below, I'm in my 70's have different mags this works with all.

http://www.magloader.com/

thanks for the replies - im going to look into some of these alternative too

meanwhile, i got a little creative with one of my Uplula's and dug out some old cardboard and duct tape - made a little sleeve to slip into the well of the Uplula

it steadies the single stack but there is still the issue of joint pain using it - too much free time

so guys, i went ahead and ordered one from their site - they actually have one specifically tailored for the Kahr series single stack magazines - it arrived on Saturday and i've been tinkering with it since then

honest opinion - once you kind of get the hang of it it's very easy to use and smooth - it'll never equate to the MagUplula, especially in terms of speed, but, it is a nice alternative to people like me who tend to experience joint pain using the Uplula - there's really not much to it, a molded piece of plastic with a ridge to seat your round upon, then using your own force, pushing it into the magazine - it lines up well and works as advertised

Uplula also has their own single stack adapter attachment - i bought one of those too , and without a doubt, the best method for speed loading single stack magazines out there - no doubt, but like i said, the Range Tray speed loader is still a viable option and i'm glad i purchased it

the Range Tray single stack thumbless speed loader - a bit expensive for what you're getting (about $13 buxx) but it does work pretty darn good

the MagUplula with single stack adapter attached - cost is about the same, sold in a package of 2, great accessory