Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NRA? GOA? Both? Neither?

Default NRA? GOA? Both? Neither?

It’s membership renewal time. Thoughts from my friends at KahrTalk?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I haven't yet seen a full, comprehensive report on what was afoot with LaPierre's(sp?) allegingly misusing funds. I'm still waiting on that, and am glad my own renewal is still a couple of years out.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    It’s membership renewal time. Thoughts from my friends at KahrTalk?
    When I take a moment and stop and realize who hates my NRA gives me all the reason I need to support my NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    When I take a moment and stop and realize who hates my NRA gives me all the reason I need to support my NRA.

You just said something very important and so true. On some forums they are tearing the NRA apart. And the Use Wayne P as he excuse for disparaging he NRA. Lately I did a little research and no wonder. Many are actual Liberals. In fact one poster asked who they voted for and right away the Moderator popped in to say asking that would be a reason to ban any posters. Lol, of course he said this, he is a liberal.
    There is one national gun organization that is national. Supposedly they tell you they are Pro 2A. But in Virginia these same people will tell you this and then turn around and vote for the one of the MOST ANTI 2A leaders in the US. Gov Ralph Northam. A leader of BLM which by the way is a Political organization in itself.
    Yes, I will stand tall with the NRA. I will NOT be a coward and turn and run after so many years they have been good to myself and my family and my Gun Club. Not to mention so many other things they have helped with over the years.

I support the NRA also. I've upgraded my membership to Benefactor last year, but still manage to send them a few nickels now and then.

No organization is perfect. I support them.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I want the NRA to be successful but as long a LaPete is running the show they will not get one dime from me. I have been a member off and on for over fifty years and when Cumo illegally enacted the SAFE Act along with all its unconstitutional addendum the NRA did and continues to do, NOTHING! You would think they would put their money where their mouth is, on the front line, the line in the sand, but no, they have to support Waynes' life styles of the rich and famous and have precious little left over to fight the very thing they claim to be the champion for, our God given right to keep and bear arms! Besides compromising and the incremental erosion of one of our most important right, to the point where, in the near future, we may no longer have a first amendment to ***** about losing the second. Oh yeah, and in case you think, er, New York. The NRA has sucked more money from this state than any other, this isn't a city, it is a state filled with good people and we have sacrificed more in fighting our wars to preserve our freedoms than any other. Screw them!
    Robin

NRA - It is indispensable.
    Hoping very much to weather this storm because the would be dictators on the left are taking full advantage and trying desperately to kill it. They know.
    BTW, I'm very disappointed in Ollie North.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    this^
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

OK, so here's the thing. In this month's American Rifleman, in the column by Wayne LaPierre he has a section titled "Dumping a Corrupted Regime". Now admittedly I don't know whether there was any truth to the reports of the misuse of funds by him and others in NRA leadership. And I may have missed any explanation, denial, apology, or anything else he might have said in regards to it. Barring any of that, if there is truth to the reports then he and/or anyone else that may have been involved should be dumped. Why? Because if there is corruption in the leadership then it can be used against the organization, and by extension all proponents of the 2A. Not only in possible blackmail against them (which could preclude efforts to fight gun control), but also in credibility. There is a saying that has become prevalent of late in that we should never give an inch. A corrupt leadership amounts to much more than an inch in the fight against gun control. While I fully understand and support our need of the NRA, if there is corruption, dishonesty, and/or criminal behavior in the leadership then we can not afford not to remove it.

If I missed an explanation by anyone in the NRA leadership regarding those reports I would very much appreciate someone pointing it/them out to me.