Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help fix a 2A problem on the White House web site

Default Please help fix a 2A problem on the White House web site

Please help to get the White House web site corrected. It currently states that "The Second Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms". Any right that the government "gives" can also be taken away. In fact, the 2A recognises and is intended to protect a right that pre-existed any government.

Please do not get into a political fire-fight here. This misstatement of the 2A predates Trump and we need 100K signatures by July 27th on the petition below to bring it to his attention to get it fixed.

White House petition

Ammoland article

Thanks for your help.

Did it.

Done!
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

I normally don't reply to anything requiring my E-Mail address, but in this case I made an exception.

Signed. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Not sure I understand the problem here. Kinda sounds like a semantics quibble. What is it you wish it to say?
    NRA Benefactor

It’s substance, not semantics. The petition should have provided replacement wording. “The 2nd Amendment prevents government from interfering with our right to be armed.”

It's not working too well lately. I signed the petition.

July 1 we here in Washington now have to wait 10 days even with a CPL, have to take a class every 5 years to buy a semi auto rifle (even a 10/22)
    And no more instant checks even for rifles. Semi auto rifles are just like a pistol now.

Just bought a cowboy 6 gun, wouldn't take a CC so had to mail a check, so won't be here before July 1. Leave on vacation the 13th, likely won't be able to bring it along to play as it'll still be in California look alike waiting jail.

I'm beyond ticked off personally and work is a nightmare as now we have to do all those checks. I could spit them out with only an hour or two wait but now we have to wait for a mental check which is Fed so it of course takes 6 to 8 days or more.

Right to bear arms shall not be infringed..... Don't say shall not be infringed if you wait 2 weeks, take a class and kow kow to Pelosi an Sarah Brady.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It's not working too well lately. I signed the petition.

July 1 we here in Washington now have to wait 10 days even with a CPL, have to take a class every 5 years to buy a semi auto rifle (even a 10/22)
    And no more instant checks even for rifles. Semi auto rifles are just like a pistol now.

Just bought a cowboy 6 gun, wouldn't take a CC so had to mail a check, so won't be here before July 1. Leave on vacation the 13th, likely won't be able to bring it along to play as it'll still be in California look alike waiting jail.

I'm beyond ticked off personally and work is a nightmare as now we have to do all those checks. I could spit them out with only an hour or two wait but now we have to wait for a mental check which is Fed so it of course takes 6 to 8 days or more.

Right to bear arms shall not be infringed..... Don't say shall not be infringed if you wait 2 weeks, take a class and kow kow to Pelosi an Sarah Brady.
    Sorry to hear that. Time to have a 51st state to the union called East Washington.

It did make me think though, given the attitude and situation that the liberal anti-gun Seattle area is in can you imagine the situation if there happened to be a natural disaster (think earthquake)? Remember New Orleans after Katrina???

Just thinking out loud.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I think people really fail to understand in our way of government. ANY....ANY Amendment can be either modified or removed and more added if the proper procedure is followed. The Bill of Rights are actually Amendments to the original Constitution....therefore demonstrating the Constitution can be modified. God given rights are often confused with Constitutional rights. George Mason is the person that argued that the Constitution did not afford protection of basic POLITICAL rights as his home state of Virginia did. And by the way there were originally 12 Amendments, not 10. One concerned population representation, which was finally passed....in 1992! God gives us the right to defend ourselves, but how and by what means we accomplish our defense is not in any way designated. The 2nd Amendment is one allowable means given to us by our government but does not limit our self defense to firearms only. We are permitted to carry knives for self defense , however there are a number of laws that govern what type of knife we may carry on our body. In reality the words within the Second Amendment state nothing about self defense....it states very clearly the right to keep and bear arms is for "BEING NECCESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE". Our judicial system has interpreted that to mean various things that have GIVEN us the right to carry and use firearms for self protection. The biggest thing of all that is never discussed....the Bill of Rights was never voted on by the people of the country.....It was the individual state legislators that ratified the Bill of Rights...NOT the citizens voting on it.