CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: CT380 mag dropping on 6th-7th rounds - loose spring mayhaps?

Question CT380 mag dropping on 6th-7th rounds - loose spring mayhaps?

Shooting strong-hand two-handed I find that the magazine often drops free before the 6th or (especially) the 7th round chambers.

The mag release seems to be a bit loose all things considered.

While I'm still breaking the 380 in, this is not a particularly welcome development.

I don't have this issue with any other pistol, but maybe the release is placed just right so I'm depressing it? Or maybe needs a tighter spring? (I wouldn't actually mind the latter... seems a bit mushy to me)

You could take the magazine apart and with the slide off, look down and see if the mag release is getting full engagement. Might be a burr or something causing it not to fully enter the slot.
    Could be maybe the mag is a tad off, if you have more than one and they both act the same, then of course that's probably not the issue.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You could take the magazine apart and with the slide off, look down and see if the mag release is getting full engagement. Might be a burr or something causing it not to fully enter the slot.
    Could be maybe the mag is a tad off, if you have more than one and they both act the same, then of course that's probably not the issue.
    Good suggestions, thanks!

Happens with all three mags. Removed the internals and had a look where the catch engages the cut-out. Not seeing anything preventing the catch from engaging, but it barely does so. I'm getting a new release and spring and I'll also review my grip.

It consistently happens on the last round only, so that's weird...

Happens weak-handed and one-handed as well. Just installed a new magazine release. The old one looked like someone had filed it down, and a new gun no less.

Perhaps the butt end is a bit too thick. I had that problem with my 8 round magazine. Took the heel off and sanded it down a tiny bit.

Quote Originally Posted by IDisposable View Post
    Thanks for the link. My CT380 and PM9 are two of the most finicky guns I have ever owned!
    Last edited by Noway; 07-28-2019 at 05:59 AM.

Switched out the mag release and voila no more dropsy!

It's a cute little gun but will probably never take the place of my Sig P938 as a bug...