Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Bangkok, Thailand

Howdy!

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Lone Wolf, that's a LOT of money for a little old .380. Are there Caliber restrictions?

I know, officially Mexicans cannot own a "military" caliber, such as 9mm or .45ACP, that's why .38 Super is very popular in Mexico.

Full automatic firearm are prohibited to civilian.

Semi automatic centerfire rifles are also prohibited except those having barrel length less than 8 inches.
    .22 rimfire semi automatic rifles are allowed.

For rifled gun, a bigger than .45 caliber is prohibited. (we can own .45ACP, .40, .38 Super or 9mm. But we cannot own .50)

For shotguns, semi automatic are allowed.

Welcome and congrats on your CW380. Sorry you had to pay so much to get one. Nice choice for a gun though! Lot’s of posts here from those with a bunch of knowledge about your gun. If you have any break-in (a must) concerns or issues just post up here and you’ll get some sound advice. Really nice folks on here. Happy shooting!
    By the way, in the Navy I visited Thailand 3 times. I’m sure you see Navy guys all of the time there. Absolutely loved it and wish I could get some of the food I had there again! I wonder if the US dollar will still go as far as it did when I was there. I couldn’t believe how inexpensive it was to have a gourmet meal back then!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Welcome and congrats on your CW380. Sorry you had to pay so much to get one. Nice choice for a gun though! Lot’s of posts here from those with a bunch of knowledge about your gun. If you have any break-in (a must) concerns or issues just post up here and you’ll get some sound advice. Really nice folks on here. Happy shooting!
    By the way, in the Navy I visited Thailand 3 times. I’m sure you see Navy guys all of the time there. Absolutely loved it and wish I could get some of the food I had there again! I wonder if the US dollar will still go as far as it did when I was there. I couldn’t believe how inexpensive it was to have a gourmet meal back then!
    Thank you BirdsThaWord for your greeting.
    Nothing to complain about the cost of the pistol. At least Thais can own gun for their self defence. Much much better than most of Asians!!!
    When were your 3 visits to Thailand? Vietnam war era? or later?
    Bangkok or Pattaya or Phuket?
    Yes I see many US Navy officers and sailors in those 3 cities. Great destinations for recreational activities, aren't they?
    I believe the US dollar is still strong enough for you could come back to enjoy meals again. Last year Bangkok is the most visited city in the world, winning over London
    You are always welcome here BirdsThaWord.

Quote Originally Posted by a lone wolf View Post
    Thank you BirdsThaWord for your greeting.
    Nothing to complain about the cost of the pistol. At least Thais can own gun for their self defence. Much much better than most of Asians!!!
    When were your 3 visits to Thailand? Vietnam war era? or later?
    Bangkok or Pattaya or Phuket?
    Yes I see many US Navy officers and sailors in those 3 cities. Great destinations for recreational activities, aren't they?
    I believe the US dollar is still strong enough for you could come back to enjoy meals again. Last year Bangkok is the most visited city in the world, winning over London
    You are always welcome here BirdsThaWord.
    Thanks for the kind words and invite! I got to visit Pattaya, and it was between 1993 and 1996. Yes, lots of “recreational activities”, depending on what a person might like. Super nice people there. I understand the “land of smiles” reputation as it seemed that everyone I/we encountered were good hearted people. Wish I could say the same about America sometimes! I can understand too why Bangkok is the most visited...affordable, amazing food, super nice people, amazing nature, tailors that can make you whatever shirt, suit, etc. you want for less than half of what you could get it one for over here. And the list goes on. Just typing this makes me think even more seriously about trying to talk my wife (Japanese lady) into going on a trip there one day. Yes, it may be expensive for you to own one, but totally agree that the ability to do so is well, well worth it. I know I would have major mental issues, or have to be a criminal if my wife wanted to move to Japan. No way would I be a soft target!!!

Welcome aboard..Keep yer powder dry and stay safe.