Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K9 dreamin’

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Yes! I’d forgotten how nice it shoots, like riding in a Cadillac!
    Welcome to the club... Now we both need to get ourselves a T9.

I haven't ruled out a T9, it's just harder to justify the $.

I'm having trouble with magazines. The last round doesn't want to feed all the way. I checked them all and the spring is in correctly, they're smooth inside, and the followers move freely. It arrived used and broken in, but squeaky clean, so I didn't see a need to clean it more, but it wouldn't hurt I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I haven't ruled out a T9, it's just harder to justify the $.

I'm having trouble with magazines. The last round doesn't want to feed all the way. I checked them all and the spring is in correctly, they're smooth inside, and the followers move freely. It arrived used and broken in, but squeaky clean, so I didn't see a need to clean it more, but it wouldn't hurt I guess.
    How many mags did it come with? Is that happening with all of the magazines? Wolffe has 20% extra power mag springs you could try. It's probably a simple and cheap fix, but the problem is figuring out what part needs replacing...

According to my Google research, others who had similar problems said it had to do with the mag spring and/or the extractor. If it were me, I'd just order replacements for both just to be on the safe side. Apparently, the CT/K/MK/P/PM/T/TP9 all use the same extractor, so if you have one of those models, you could interchange them to see if the extractor is the issue before ordering one. Whatever you decide to do, I'm interested in knowing what the problem is, so please report back when you figure it out.

Since getting more aquainted with revolvers, I started thinking about another older S&W. I love my 1006, (DA/SA), and remember liking the old 4506 (but never bought one). I shot a compact all steel S&W 9mm that I wasn't that impressed with (can't remember the model number; 20 yrs ago). The main reason I don't prioritize tracking down a used steel S&W is that I'm worried about finding parts and repair... it's the same reason my 1006 moved to the safe 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    Since getting more aquainted with revolvers, I started thinking about another older S&W. I love my 1006, (DA/SA), and remember liking the old 4506 (but never bought one). I shot a compact all steel S&W 9mm that I wasn't that impressed with (can't remember the model number; 20 yrs ago). The main reason I don't prioritize tracking down a used steel S&W is that I'm worried about finding parts and repair... it's the same reason my 1006 moved to the safe 15 years ago.
    That's when you trade it, or sell it. No sense in keeping something you're afraid to shoot. It won't ever really be a collectors piece. I see many of these older S&W's for sale. Buy one for parts?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    That's when you trade it, or sell it. No sense in keeping something you're afraid to shoot. It won't ever really be a collectors piece. I see many of these older S&W's for sale. Buy one for parts?????????????
    Never said I was afraid to shoot it. I thought about a parts gun. We'll see. I woudn't mind picking up a 4 1/4" model too. That 1006 was my first and it will be my last... period.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    Never said I was afraid to shoot it. I thought about a parts gun. We'll see. I woudn't mind picking up a 4 1/4" model too. That 1006 was my first and it will be my last... period.
    Gee, I'm sorry...…..I guess putting a firearm away 15 years ago means you really like to shoot it.

Actually I have several guns I haven't shot in longer than that which I love and would never part with.
    Be nice to have the time and range convenience to shoot them all regular but such is the world we live in.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cleaning my CM9 and putting the inner tube back on the grip cured the nosediving rounds. It really flips without the rubber gripping surface, maybe that was it.

I haven’t had a chance to check the K9’s extractor yet.