Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: K9 dreamin’

I really like my Bersa .380, but haven’t shot it in years...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I haven't ruled out a T9, it's just harder to justify the $.

I'm having trouble with magazines. The last round doesn't want to feed all the way. I checked them all and the spring is in correctly, they're smooth inside, and the followers move freely. It arrived used and broken in, but squeaky clean, so I didn't see a need to clean it more, but it wouldn't hurt I guess.
    Did you replace the recoil spring? Isn't a change recommended every 2k rounds or so?

Although my K9 is the old version, I haven't had issues with the last round not loading. On your CM9, are you sure you're holding it high enough? I used to notice the flip on the Kahr's more when I used a lower hold. Additionally, although I broke in the CM9 with factory mags, I have recently added the Lakeline followers for 2 of the mags (one on the original mag, one with my old Kahr mag that I changed with a Lakeline grip extension setup (3 peice). I haven't had any issues with them either (only put about 200 rounds through them since installation).

The only issue noticed on my CM9, was when I let my friend shoot it (he only has a G17) and he had a FTF on initial loading (he probably used the hand over slide grip). As a side note, I had to lightly bevel the grip corners on my CW45 with sandpaper (where it meets the top of the web of my hand), as stock the corners didn't work well with the higher hold. I had to do the same with my FNX9.

I do think the CM9’s problem was grip related. As for the K9, the previous owner said he only put about 275 rounds through it, so The recoil spring should be fine. OTOH, when racking it, if I don’t rack it vigorously it doesn’t return to battery. I suspect it’s extractor related and when I get a chance I’ll examine it.