Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utter Disappointment

Angry Utter Disappointment

For anyone considering the Magnum Research .22 Mag rifle, please read other online reviews and reconsider.

I spent over $650 on what I thought would be an above average, semi-high end plinker. I'm sorry I did. I received this rifle 2 weeks ago and gave it a thorough cleaning, as recommended, right out of the box. Had it to the range 3 times since. It was easy to sight in and once sighted, was amazingly accurate.

HOWEVER....the rifle CONSISTENTLY fails to eject every 3-4 rounds. The shell usually gets caught in the bolt during the ejection process. I have no idea what is causing this but it seems to be a very common complaint about this rifle that is obviously being ignored by Kahr (this complaint goes back at least 4 years on some forums). It also fails to feed quite a bit, though not as much as the failure to eject. Happened with 2 different types/brands of ammo, both 40 grain.

Dig a little deeper into your wallet or save your money for a low end Volquartsen. I'll be putting this one on GunBroker if anyone is interested.
    Such a shame....it's an otherwise great rifle, but it is NOT worth the annoyance. I like shooting at the range....not digging shells out of a receiver.

Bucky

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Never hear from the happy ones. Send it in to Kahr on their dime. To bad their executives don't realize how much they could save the company by better quality control measures.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky O View Post
    For anyone considering the Magnum Research .22 Mag rifle, please read other online reviews and reconsider.

I spent over $650 on what I thought would be an above average, semi-high end plinker. I'm sorry I did. I received this rifle 2 weeks ago and gave it a thorough cleaning, as recommended, right out of the box. Had it to the range 3 times since. It was easy to sight in and once sighted, was amazingly accurate.

HOWEVER....the rifle CONSISTENTLY fails to eject every 3-4 rounds. The shell usually gets caught in the bolt during the ejection process. I have no idea what is causing this but it seems to be a very common complaint about this rifle that is obviously being ignored by Kahr (this complaint goes back at least 4 years on some forums). It also fails to feed quite a bit, though not as much as the failure to eject. Happened with 2 different types/brands of ammo, both 40 grain.

Dig a little deeper into your wallet or save your money for a low end Volquartsen. I'll be putting this one on GunBroker if anyone is interested.
    Such a shame....it's an otherwise great rifle, but it is NOT worth the annoyance. I like shooting at the range....not digging shells out of a receiver.

Bucky
    Not good to hear that. I would send the Fokker back to Kahr to get it right. Not good to put a defective firearm on gun broker!
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Send it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky O View Post

Bucky
    Henry Rifles are the best 22's out there and realtively inexpensive.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Henry Rifles are the best 22's out there and realtively inexpensive.
    That right there is a bold statement
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Very Bold indeed! But I do like Henry's. Don't own one but shot some.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The .22 WMR can be tricky though. I have a couple in bolt actions, but not in semi-auto. A co-worker of mine has one by another manufacturer, and has the same issue...just not as much as yours seems to be doing. I will probably never own a semi-auto in .22 WMR, just because they can be picky about ammo...my bolt guns? Lol, they run all of the ammo I can stuff into them.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Gotta wonder about someone that creates an account, flames a gun, then never logs in again....

I have a Henry. When I got it in 1998 it would "extract" all right....it rips bullets out of cases! Never seen that before. Contacted the company, they paid shipping both ways, fixed it right up. I love the little weapon now and use it to train new shooters.

Henry is a stand up company.

As for this first-time new member and gun flamer.....I guess he was just looking for a place to vent. We are all under a lot of stress right now.