Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr Trigger Pull

I have been wondering what other Kahr shooters to also. I am working with a CM9 after using an MK9 and I was having trouble with my groups, a little. I think because of the short distance from trigger face to back strap that Kahrs seem to lend to pressing with the first joint or further. When you get a grip from the holster it seems more natural for me to just use the position available, which is not the pad like shooting a single action. Some "experts" at my range say to always use the finger tip pad center for all pistols. I notice consensus here, that the either way will work depending on the individual. Isn't it important to pull the trigger straight back . Anyway that is achieved will work , maybe? My j frame snubby has a long trigger reach but I still get the joint position , mainly for leverage, and it is fine. I think smooth contoured trigger faces allow the finger to slide into the sweet spot , not like a grooved SA 1911 trigger. where the pad of the finger don't slide. Does this make sense?

Perfect sense. You need to soak up recommendations but in the end you need to do what works best for you.
    If the first joint is what works best for you stick with it.
    I shot my relatively new T9 yesterday for the second time. The first time out I struggled to be honest and I've shot a lot of Kahrs.
    I had the windage but vertical stringing bad.
    Yesterday it was like the was a laser to the bullseye, totally different gun or more likely a totally different me.

I do find that I do much better if I don't try to stage the trigger, just pull right on through. Hopefully next range trip will be as good as yesterday and stay consistent.

Listen to the "experts" but in the end you are your own expert.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I use the pad of my finger. I have over 40k rounds thru my PMJ9 blunt nose. An I still to this day shot it terribly. I know it’s the looooog smooth trigge but I gsvenever mastered it. But still today it rides in my left pocket 24/7 as nothing in a 9mm rides like my PNJ9 does. I never dress to carry an I realize pocket carry in jeans is no fast draw area either, but the advantage of surprise is mine. My PMJ9 blunt nose is very modified! Magna ported , Dawson sites, terrain tactical stippling that action is super super smooth. I brag on the gun but certainly not my ability to shoot it good. Indiana to my knowledge is the only state we’re one can apply for a lifetime carry permit for 100$, An no renewal ever needed. I make a copy of my permit am clear seal it An fold it up on that cavity of the grip !
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

"one can apply for a lifetime carry permit"

This is not what it was for.....jussayin...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Pad for accuracy but I know in a SHTF situation it will probably be the joint which usually drives my shots a bit right center. As for the geometry of the trigger I think it does drive one to using the first joint. I dealt with this on my Sig P365 and recently replaced the curved trigger with a Sig factory flat trigger and my finger now fits perfectly and my shots are nicely centered.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Pad for accuracy but I know in a SHTF situation it will probably be the joint which usually drives my shots a bit right center. As for the geometry of the trigger I think it does drive one to using the first joint. I dealt with this on my Sig P365 and recently replaced the curved trigger with a Sig factory flat trigger and my finger now fits perfectly and my shots are nicely centered.
    Do your shots also go right/center with the revolvers you shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Do your shots also go right/center with the revolvers you shoot?
    For some reason the answer is no. I suspect it is the shape of the grips. Small guns with long trigger pulls tend to force my clenched slightly to the right upon firing. I shoot primarily at 30' and we are talking maybe an inch or tow to the right. Still enough to hurt you but not wil a timed and rapid or rapid fire segment of a bullseye match.

I shoot all my revolvers DA only. After some 55+ years of shooting I think if I was forced to pick one gun that is the easiest to put all my shots on target with doing somewhat rapid fire, it would be my 586L Comp. That ported 3" barrel just allows me the control I need. Working PT at an indoor range with 25 and 50yd. bays allows me the luxury of lots of practice at moving targets both across and to and from. Love my 3" 7 shot revolvers. Too bad they are so heavy and bulky for day to day carry.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

That's a fine looking gun right there.

I still prefer the 6 shooter myself, I dream of a 686 (not plus) some day.

I'm a thumb buster myself, if it has a hammer I'll cock it every time, always have. Guess I really was born 100 years too late, course my momma says I wasn't born, she found me under a rock and often wished she'd put me back.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."