Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr Trigger Pull

Default Kahr Trigger Pull

I'm curious to know how some of you are pulling the Kahr trigger? Are you using the pad/tip of your finger, or are using the first joint?

I use the pad. Ive been out a couple times this week with my T9 and PM45. I found I do best just pulling through rapidly. Trying to pull slow or staging does not work well for me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I use the pad. Ive been out a couple times this week with my T9 and PM45. I found I do best just pulling through rapidly. Trying to pull slow or staging does not work well for me.
    Do you also use the pad of your finger when shooting revolvers? I ask because most people use the joint of their finger to shoot D/A revolvers, and Kahrs have D/A type triggers. I'm wondering if others use the same technique between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Do you also use the pad of your finger when shooting revolvers? I ask because most people use the joint of their finger to shoot D/A revolvers, and Kahrs have D/A type triggers. I'm wondering if others use the same technique between the two.

I use the pad of my finger when shooting Kahrs, but when I shoot my revolver in DA, I use the joint. The difference in trigger pull weight and travel makes the difference for me. My Kahrs' pull weight is 5.5 pounds or so. My 686 is 8-9 pounds.

I use the pad, but I do take my time if I want accuracy. The geometry and pull weight are different from revolvers, so the same technique may not apply to both.

About 1/2 way between end of finger and first joint, is that the "pad". I use same for Kahr and wheel guns.
    NRA Benefactor

Your question may be more dependent on the size of the gun grip and the size of the shooters hand.
    Since I am now too old to shoot competitively, I try to imagine where my finger may end up on the trigger in an emergency situation.
    I only shoot revolvers DA and I tend to treat my PM9 in the same matter. I think it is because the PM9's trigger pull is sooo long and smooth.
    I switched my carry gun to a P365 18months ago. The trigger has a very similar shape to a revolver and I started shooting my Sig using the first joint and it is acceptable but If I want the best accuracy I move to the center pad of my trigger finger.
    Too much finger on the trigger inevitably ends with most of my shots a bit right of center. (RH shooter)
    "Never pet a burning dog"

It seems that most right handers seem to shoot low left at first with the Kahr triggers. I have heard some good shooters say, and have seen a few great shooters on the T&V using the first joint past the pad. They say that it pulls the firearm to the right and takes care of the low left thing...…..like anything else, with some practice. I've seen shooters use the first joint shooting revolvers also.

Kahr triggers are akin to revolvers and more amenable to using the first jiont than short trigger pull semi-autos.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Kahr triggers are akin to revolvers and more amenable to using the first jiont than short trigger pull semi-autos.
    I need to try that method out. I didn't think to when I was at the range the other day. I think the geometry of the trigger lends itself to using the first joint vs the pad...