Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM9 jammed...please help

Default PM9 jammed...please help

Hi there, I’m a newbie here on the forum. I've read some pretty impressive advise on this board and I'm really hoping someone here can help me with this problem.

I have a PM9 that is now jammed after reassembling incorrectly. It’s been a few years since I’ve disassembled this gun, and like an idiot, I thought I could do it from memory rather than consulting the manual for a refresher (been kicking myself ever since ). Anyway, I pulled the slide back too far passed the witness marks before inserting the slide stop and now the thing is completely jammed and I can get it apart again (see pics below). I fear I may have bricked my gun. I consulted the service department at Kahr, but they have been very slow to respond and I'm not getting very far with them. They only instructed me to pull the slide back while whacking down on the barrel with a rubber mallet or send it in. Problem is, the barrel does not protrude from the slide because the stop is in wrong. I took it into a local gunsmith but he said he couldn’t get it apart without cutting the slide stop off (I’m not sure how much he knows about this particular pistol). After submitting an RMA, the factory sent me a FedEx label to send it back. But FedEx will only do priority overnight on pistols so it would cost around $100 to ship it (…each way ). That plus the labor for Kahr to fix it seems to be a cost prohibitive option to me.

I want to exhaust my options before taking that route. I keep thinking there has to be a way to disassemble this thing without having to go through all that expense. Or, if anyone knows of a good (and qualified) Kahr gunsmith in the Portland Metro area (Oregon), I’d appreciate the lead.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. I tried to post a photo, but not having any luck. The url for the photo is below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jXSzs2ZPNpYujoDA9

If Kahr sent you a shipping label they are paying for the shipping. Help will be along. Im out of town and using a phone to do this. Kind of frustrating. Your gun is not bricked.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Crombilizer..........how did this turn out???
    "No Matter Where You Go----There You Are !!"

Wow, I didn't even know this thread finally posted, I thought it would notify me by email. I'll need to double check my settings.

Thanks for the responses. Bawanna, you are right, the shipping label was paid for. They didn't state that and I was going off the assumption it was all on me from what the website says. Not only did Kahr pay for the shipping both ways, but fixed the gun under warranty (and I bought the gun like 15 years ago!). Just got the gun back 2 days ago.

I love Kahr! This company rocks. At first I was cursing them for designing such an idiot trap into the gun, but this kind of customer service is top notch so they have my vote as one of the best companies I've dealt with ( which is a refreshing change these days )

One things for certain...I won't be making that blunder reassembling my gun again.

Cheers!

Congrats. Kahr has always treated me well when things need fixing. Did they explain what they did to fix it?
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

I love a happy ending.

@ topgun1953,.they were pretty vague on the description. Just disassembled/reassembled tested ok.

My assumption is they had to cut something and replace that part, but that's just speculation so I could be wrong.

I suspect they went in through the back as Greg talked about sometime back. Took a paper clip or something small and released the cocking cam? Or something. I had an officer do the same thing and I was able (with great effort and considerable time and more than one email to Greg) to get it released.
    I'm sure the Kahr smiths have seen it frequently.

No matter, a happy ending is a happy ending no matter what path you take to get there.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I had a similar situation with my 1st Lady K9 as well as a Glock. I solved it by removing the rear slide cover, releasing the striker and spring. That allowed me to manipulate things back-and-forth enough to free the barrel and slide. Hope it helps next time or for the next person!

Same exact problem I am having, thanks for the great forum.... woodheater...