Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr T40 opinions?

Default Kahr T40 opinions?

I've been contemplating picking up a T40. Does Kahr still make these? Although I'm experiencing some issues with my CW40, I'm getting a yearning for a single stack, all steel pistol (not single action and no safety) in the size range of my CW45 in 40 or 45.

I have a K9 that I really like, and I'm happy with the overall size of my CW45. If Kahr had a K45 I'd probably favor that, but since it doesn't exist, any opinions on the T40? I don't want to track down a compact S&W steel pistol and worry about parts like on my 1006, and I'm not a big fan of Sig (nothing wrong with them, I just didn't enjoy shooting their steel pistols as much as the steel S&W's).

*Update below; Post #6.
    *Update first range outing: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...s-and-question
    Last edited by Scott321; 09-20-2019 at 04:53 PM.

They still show the T40 on the Kahr website. If they do still produce this model, I would suspect that it is not in large numbers. I would think it would be a great firearm, but I am biased. The caliber is my favorite and the Kahr trigger is still one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    I've been contemplating picking up a T40. Does Kahr still make these? Although I'm experiencing some issues with my CW40, I'm getting a yearning for a single stack, all steel pistol (not single action and no safety) in the size range of my CW45 in 40 or 45.

I have a K9 that I really like, and I'm happy with the overall size of my CW45. If Kahr had a K45 I'd probably favor that, but since it doesn't exist, any opinions on the T40? I don't want to track down a compact S&W steel pistol and worry about parts like on my 1006, and I'm not a big fan of Sig (nothing wrong with them, I just didn't enjoy shooting their steel pistols as much as the steel S&W's).
    Kahr's getting out of the .40 S&W game. The history with T series pistols has been that they build runs of them every so often and sell them as requested. I'm sure Kahr has some T40s left from the last run, but I wouldn't be on another. Parts shouldn't be a problem, because I believe Kahr internals are all the same for 9mm/40 S&W pistols. Some small parts even interchange with .45 ACP.

I'd be all over a T45.

I went to my local shop today and asked about ordering a new T40. No suppliers had it available. I could order it but no idea on wait time. I don't want it THAT bad. Maybe I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a K45 and keep my eyes open for any new runs of the T40. Besides... The 5" 629 S&W has been calling me.

N/m

A few days ago I went to 2 FFL's. One said that no suppliers they use had them and it could be months before they get one (ended up picking up a TP45 on sale), and another said the model was dc'ed, so I couldn't order it.

A few days ago Julia, at Kahr, sent me a couple e-mails regarding availability! Thank you, Julia!

According to Julia, the T40 is being discontinued. However, she worked with her manager to track down a few that were available to an FFL! I went back to my first FFL, spoke with the salesman and manager, and after they spent half an hour on the phone with Kahr and placing phone calls to suppliers (took two days to hear back), they tracked down the one I wanted (w/night sights) and I am now waiting on it's arrival at my FFL! I'm heading to my FFL tomorrow to verify and to pick up the TP45. Yeehah!

I have a lot of work over the next month, so I don't plan on doing a range update until September.

Good for you, glad you got one nailed down.

They don't seem to produce many of the T's. I had to wait several months for a production run and I wanted the 9. It was worth the wait and I'm sure your search will pay off, should be a great gun.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have an MK9, MK40, K9, and K40, sadly no T9 or T40. Hoping I can eventually get an used T9 for a great price.

That's some great customer service from both your LGS and Kahr OP... I doubt many other manufacturers and gun shops would put forth the extra effort.

I forgot to mention... Julia also said that they had no plans on making a K45...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    I forgot to mention... Julia also said that they had no plans on making a K45...
    Their loss. IMHO, a K45 and T45 would have been just as if not more popular than the 9mm versions.