Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constructive Suggestions for AZSA

Default Constructive Suggestions for AZSA

I'm a huge fan of the concept of Zoot shooting. I strongly admire the guys and gals that have started this sport. My interest in the 1920s-1930s has finally ben met by a shooting sport. I'm trying to form a group in my area, but it's a tough road without a range. I read with some disapointment that there will be no 2010 Championship Zoot Shoot because a host range could not be found. To get Zoot shooting to grow and mature, What are the suggestions you have? Here are mine:

1. Publish more detailed safety rules, caper guides, and how to affiliate a group with the AZSA. This could be a download available from the AZSA website.

2. Help make female shooters welcome. Females should be allowed to use .22 rimfire rifles and pistols. My wife would love to zoot shoot using her Taurus pump action .22 and a .22 handgun. Since it's really about fun, shouldn't women shooting a .22s be welcome? Check out this link for a Thompson look a like conversion of the Ruger 10/22 1022FunGun.com | Home of the 10/22 Fun Gun! - 1022FunGun.com

3. Family memberships, get a price break for 2 or 3 family members joining. Even if it is sans T-shirts.

4. Ask active members to post on this forum. There has to be great insight, and experience out there. I'd love to hear some.

5. Put something new on the AZSA website weekly, ask for guest blogs, photos & videos , anything new would be interesting.

Those are mine, fire away!

I think anything that helps promote or get the word out about it would be beneficial. To me, other than what little we see here it's a big gray area.
    Like any other sport it would be beneficial for new members to be allowed some entry level perhaps less expensive guns, the 22's for woman would be perfect. This allows them to get a feel and see just how serious they want to get about it.
    I'd sure love to go see an event if there was one anywhere close by just to see how it plays out.
    A rule book that isn't too complicated to laymen would be a great start by itself. Perhaps it exist but I haven't found it. Haven't looked for awhile though.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

funny u mentioned that even. We had a pretty big ZOOT shoot this last weekend about 8 miles from my home. Sad to say I hav enot attended one to see how it is all done either.

Jocko, was that a AZSA event or another organization which sponsored the shoot. The closest Zoot shoot to me is about 350 miles. Too far just to go and watch. We really need a club in the Kansas City area.

Default I

Quote Originally Posted by Race Bannon View Post
    Jocko, was that a AZSA event or another organization which sponsored the shoot. The closest Zoot shoot to me is about 350 miles. Too far just to go and watch. We really need a club in the Kansas City area.
    really don't know. I just seen their sign along the highway pointing to a farm complex. have no idea who is putting it on..

I hope HBOs Boardwalk Empire generates interest in zoot shooting. I also wish The Untouchables would come out again in syndication, this woudl generate interest also.
    http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/ A place for classic firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Race Bannon View Post
    I hope HBOs Boardwalk Empire generates interest in zoot shooting. I also wish The Untouchables would come out again in syndication, this woudl generate interest also.
    When Boardwalk Empire is released, media-savvy AZSA organizers might want to invite some print and TV journalists to their shoots. Let a News Cupcake (TM) get dolled up in Flapper outfit, give her a quick safety & fam-fire class, then let her go to town on some targets with a .38 Special.
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    ...media-savvy AZSA organizers might want to invite some print and TV journalists to their shoots...
    How's this for being media savvy...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...TTopCarousel_1

We're also on the front page of the printed version. Thanks for the advice, Story

Yer more than welcome, Bossman. Well done.

PM me when you feel up to talking to some more of them kind of folk.
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustler View Post
    How's this for being media savvy...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...TTopCarousel_1

We're also on the front page of the printed version. Thanks for the advice, Story
    Kudos to you Hustler, the WSJ was a masterstroke of public relations. You guys are "The Cats Meow"!
    http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/ A place for classic firearms.