Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Kahr MK9

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,370

    Default Kahr MK9

    I am considering trading my MK9 for a PM9, or another firearm that I can front pocket carry. The MK is getting a bit heavy for these old bones. It's an LTD serial number and comes with 1 six rd. mag and a plastic case. It has approx. 550 rds. through. It has the Wollf spring set up and original set up unused. It shows wear on both sides of the slide from 8 yrs. of carry. A couple of vertical scratches that look like cracks but they are not. Has the Birdsong coating on slide. I love the firearm but it's time to go lighter. If anyone has an offer or idea, pm me. I am not sure of it's worth, but am willing to hear offers. May sell outright, but would rather trade. I believe that the mfg. date is 2001, purchased new in 2011. Would consider a Ruger SP101 2".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by berettabone; 08-16-2019 at 02:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    111

    Default

    PM sent

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,370

    Default

    All these MK wishers and no takers, no ideas, no PM's for trade???????

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wet & Wild Pacific NW
    Posts
    28,603

    Default

    I'd be all over it but I got nothing in your criteria to trade.
    Be nice to have an MK in the box to make grips on now and then.
    If I had loot I'd go for the buy outright plan but I'm on the wrong side of the tracks. Got a couple irons in the fire as we speak.

    Sooooo many guns, soooooo little time.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

    RIP Muggsy & TMan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    All these MK wishers and no takers, no ideas, no PM's for trade???????
    These are all over Gunbroker form $400-$500 in good condition. I see the Ruger SP101s going for $400-$500 as well. For example, I purchased my MK40 for $335 + $15 shipping. Only a couple of months back, I purchased a MK9 in like new condition manufactured Jan, 2013. It came with Lakeline G10 grips ($80 MSRP), and TRUGLO TFX Pro tritium/fiber optic sights ($100 on Amazon) for $395 shipped.

    I seen your listing on ArmsList, so this maybe less than you were hoping for.... Anyway, my idea/suggestion would be to clean it up real good, take excellent pictures, start the listing at $395 on Gunbroker plus shipping, and then use those funds to purchase a PM9 or SP101 on Gunbroker... Yes, it's extra work, but if you keep an eye out for deals, you could break even or better...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    These are all over Gunbroker form $400-$500 in good condition. I see the Ruger SP101s going for $400-$500 as well. For example, I purchased my MK40 for $335 + $15 shipping. Only a couple of months back, I purchased a MK9 in like new condition manufactured Jan, 2013. It came with Lakeline G10 grips ($80 MSRP), and TRUGLO TFX Pro tritium/fiber optic sights ($100 on Amazon) for $395 shipped.

    I seen your listing on ArmsList, so this maybe less than you were hoping for.... Anyway, my idea/suggestion would be to clean it up real good, take excellent pictures, start the listing at $395 on Gunbroker plus shipping, and then use those funds to purchase a PM9 or SP101 on Gunbroker... Yes, it's extra work, but if you keep an eye out for deals, you could break even or better...
    Mk9's might be all over Gunbroker, but I guarantee you , you won't find any like this one. Mfg. in 2000, only 400 made in this run with LTD serial number. Different grip fit than any other MK9. I feel that the quality is much better than the MK's they turn out now. I keep track of pricing and I'm well aware of what is selling for how much. I would never sell for $395 and would keep it first. It doesn't need cleaning up. The only reason I am even entertaining a trade is because of my modes of carry, it's becoming a bit heavy. I've seen many people that were/are looking for an MK9. They must just want a gift.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Mk9's might be all over Gunbroker, but I guarantee you , you won't find any like this one. Mfg. in 2000, only 400 made in this run with LTD serial number. Different grip fit than any other MK9. I feel that the quality is much better than the MK's they turn out now. I keep track of pricing and I'm well aware of what is selling for how much. I would never sell for $395 and would keep it first. It doesn't need cleaning up. The only reason I am even entertaining a trade is because of my modes of carry, it's becoming a bit heavy. I've seen many people that were/are looking for an MK9. They must just want a gift.
    You could akways list it on Gunbroker with the addition information on it for what you believe it's worth.
    Good luck with your sale/trade!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters