Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

View Poll Results: Do you carry a spare magazine while carrying you SD handgun?

Voters
512. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I carry a spare

346 67.58%
  • No, I don't carry a spare

166 32.42%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you carry a spare magazine?

Default Do you carry a spare magazine?

Jocko and I disagree on whether or not one should carry a spare magazine and he suggested a poll would be interesting. I agree.

While I am not trying to start an e-argument over the subject I think it's worth exploring in the form of a poll.

So ... do you carry a spare or not?

I voted no, not on me, but I do keep an extra mag in my truck.

No. While the reasoning behind carrying a spare is sound, the probability of needing one as a civilian are astronomical. I'd rather carry a spare gun if I felt the need. I put all my faith in my one gun, one mag.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Yes... one... the largest Kahr-made for the pistol... with friendlier extended grip, if available.
    PM45: 5+1+7G (or 6G). PM9: 6+1+8G (or 7G). P380: 6+1+6. K9: 7+1+8G.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    No. While the reasoning behind carrying a spare is sound, the probability of needing one as a civilian are astronomical. I'd rather carry a spare gun if I felt the need. I put all my faith in my one gun, one mag.
    AMEN TO THAT

iT'S A matter of personal preference. I carried a model 60 (5 shot) for 30 years and never had a speed loaded with me or 5 rounds shuffling in my pocket. I figure with my PM9 now with 7 rounds, I have certainly upgraded in firepower for about the same weight and size. No offense to anyone who carry more magazines and extra guns. I am not paranoid. I don't look around every corner (maybe I should) I try to avoid trouble spots which in my area we don't have much of that at all. I am 67 married for 25 years, so I don't bar hop anymore or carouse around half the night where trouble might be. BUT I do carry 24/7 even in states that don't allow it, as I will not be a victim either, that is about as far as paranoid as I will go. Common sense will keep 99.995% of us all out of harms way.. that other .005% might just need that extra magazine and extra gun taped to their leg.

a nice survey wn't change anyones mnd either but it will let most know how others thinks towards the question. Put me down for a NO..

Yes (2 x 6 rds). It's easy enough... kinda balances out the other side weight-wise. I know that most actual encounters entail less than 3 shots, but still, the thought of not having at least a 2nd wind in a worst-case scenario gives me the heebie-jeebies.

With a single stack like Kahr, it's pretty painless to carry a mag or 2, I carry a 7 round and have one or 2 more in the car (PM9). I have yet to carry a BUG, but it's not a bad idea--a LCP or even little Beretta 950 weighs only a little more than a full 9mm mag.

I carry 1, 5rd mag,as a spare. Cause you just never know whats around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    ...the probability of needing one (spare magazine) as a civilian are astronomical.
    Of course, so are the probabilities of needing a gun.

^ Well said.

I carry one for my PM9. Figured they're practically as small as a zippo, and 13rds. is less than most have in one mag these days. That, and you just never know when the zombies are going to show.