Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters

View Poll Results: Do you carry a spare magazine while carrying you SD handgun?

Voters
512. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I carry a spare

346 67.58%
  • No, I don't carry a spare

166 32.42%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you carry a spare magazine?

I carry two magazines but seldom carry a BUG. It's more a forcive habit that I carry two reloads, but I would carry one at any rate. Currently, my selection of BUGs looks like my carry choices, duty sized weapons. The smallest pistol I own size wise is my P45, though that will be changing soon as I get another snub 357. I carry two reloads for all my pistols, even the odd times I have a BUG on me. I also have a bunch of other carry gear as well.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Yes. I carry one, sometimes more depending on if I'm working and where I'm going. Of
    Course there is the PM9 backing up the CW9 so the mag works for either gun.

yes

I didn't while carrying my Sig P250 9mm (13 rnds) but since carrying the Taurus PT740 (6+1) and now the CW45 (6+1) I feel like I need to carry a spare. Now if I can just feel better about spending 40 bucks for a magazine.

Thought that's why Kahr issues 2 with each. Ha Ha !
    yes I carry spare.

I voted yes because there was no "sometimes" option.
    It really depends on what mood I'm in. I normally carry my CW40 everywhere I go but seldom carry a spare mag around in the small town I live in. The cops here are pretty good at keeping the pecker heads pinned down. If I leave town, then yeah I take a spare mag along but also take along something more substantial than my CW40.

I always carry a spare for much the same reason I always carry a gun: I'd rather have and not need it than need and not have it. One of the most frequent causes of malfunctions in autopistols is the magazine. If I have a malfunction, I want to be able to drop the mag and insert a fresh one; not remove the mag, try to diagnose the problem, fix the issue (if I can), then reinsert the same mag.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

since on avg. 3 bullets are fired in most gun fights and its over. So it would only be only logical that one clip should be carried. 2 clips smells like manslaughter charge, or you shouldnt have a gun or your in a fight you should of not been in or could flee from.....thats my 2 cents. Once clip in my truck, but only one on person.
    PM9 stainless slide, night sights, 2612rds through it

Quote Originally Posted by hobbydad View Post
    ^ Well said.

I carry one for my PM9. Figured they're practically as small as a zippo, and 13rds. is less than most have in one mag these days. That, and you just never know when the zombies are going to show.

I agree, with 5+1 (pm40) its not all that hard to slip another mag into a pocket, while its probably not going to be needed, I have to hope the same can be said for the gun, but if the need arises I'd rather have too many rounds than not enough

I just don't want to be that guy that gets on the wrong side of the "3 rounds" statistic. Remember averages have lows and highs. Plus the magazine is the weak point in a pistol, why not have a fix ready. Then there is the fact that you may have gotten the one in front of you, but what about his friends? Like I said, I carry two, yes it is a forcive habit, but it works for me. Remember this also, you must be able to justify under oath why you did what you did, and why you did it the way you did it. Civilians look to police practices when they carry, ask a cop how many reloads he has. Most all have at least two. As for the looking like rambo or seeking a manslaughter charge, phooey, that kind of talk is typical of those places like the PRK (Peoples Republik of Kommiefornia), Mass, Jersey, etc. Hate to be there when you run dry.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.