Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace

View Poll Results: Do you carry a spare magazine while carrying you SD handgun?

Voters
512. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I carry a spare

346 67.58%
  • No, I don't carry a spare

166 32.42%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you carry a spare magazine?

Absolutely.When I was in Law Enforcement I always carried 2 extra mags.There is always the possibility of more than 1 assailent,and that's the wrong time to "wish" you had more rounds.Not paranoid,just prefer to be prepared.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Default Sometimes

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends if I have a particular reason based on where I am headed for the day. For example, if I am headed to the woods, I carry an extra mag. Most of the time when I pocket carry, I do not carry an extra mag. Most of the time when I hip carry, I do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

I carry 7 in my CW40, and a another 7 in a mag on my weak side.
    When I carry my Baretta .40 with 13 in it, I don't usually carry a spare.
    When I'm packing my 5 shot .44 special Charter Arms revolver, I carry 2 speedloaders.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

i carry a 1911 i carry 2 spare for a total of 24 rds
    shoot untill they change shape or catch fire

Not on my person but always spares in the car/truck.

Several have mentioned keep spares in their vehicles. How does that help when you're not in your car? Shoot once, malfunction... dash to your car, unlock, open door, rummage through center console, drop mag, insert new mag, re-engage BG, hope he just stood there waiting for you during this whole process.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
    Several have mentioned keep spares in their vehicles. How does that help when you're not in your car? Shoot once, malfunction... dash to your car, unlock, open door, rummage through center console, drop mag, insert new mag, re-engage BG, hope he just stood there waiting for you during this whole process.

If it malfunctions your most likely dead....
    PM9 stainless slide, night sights, 2612rds through it

Yes, because you may be dealing with more than one person and its better to be prepared, there is also always an extra mag in the car.
    Kahr CW9 (SS guide rod & CTC laser)
    FN Herstal Hi-Power DAc 9mm
    Bersa 380

Stag Arms AR-15
    Mossberg 590

Quote Originally Posted by f44life View Post
    If it malfunctions your most likely dead....
    +1 Yep your most likely dead especially if its the round that is the failure. That must be the scariest thing ever to have to use your gun and just hear click on the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
    Why would you drop your whole mag for a malfunction? Why wouldnt you just manually rack the slide as hard and as fast as possible to eject whatever caused the failure and cycle the next round into the chamber?
    Kahr CW9 (SS guide rod & CTC laser)
    FN Herstal Hi-Power DAc 9mm
    Bersa 380

Stag Arms AR-15
    Mossberg 590

one should definitely practice with the ol TAP, RACK BAND BANG THING. alot faster than trying to find that spare magazine etc. That sholdbe part of every shooting session. Just one should know how to do it properly and reliabably to. Not a hard thing to do with some semi's but kahrs are tight and stout recoil springs and small guns also, so it takes alittle practice but easily learned..

One has to know tha tif you get a click, you still have to clear the chamber, even it u insert a new magazine, which makes zero sense to me. TAP, RACK, BANG..